Ruling on 194:3- VALID

From: Jesse W (jessw_at_netwood.net)
Date: Fri Oct 04 2002 - 21:59:34 PDT

Tieka wrote:
> From: Mr. Conductor
> To: Fantasy Rail Committee
>
> Ladys and Gentlemen,
>
> We are pleased to announce the completion of the Northwick Park Tunnel
> connection at the  Cornish-on-Rye Station. With this staion in full
> operation, passengers will be able to transfer to the popular Southdown
> tunnel offering northbound service on the hour and the half hour, with
> arrivals at quarter till and quarter after.
>
> In order to serve our customers in the most efficient way possible, trains
> must be in a station at the specified times. It is expected that future
> memorandums will specify the arrival and departure times at any new station.
>
> Tieka
>
> Rule Date: 2002-10-04 03:33:05 GMT
Validity:
VALID, since it includes the necessary tunnels and stations, and
does not violate any track-related rules.

Style:
It keeps to theme, handles the requirements laid down the previous
rule well, and establishes a good requirement.  However, it does not
precisely obey it's own requirement(although this is not a validity
issue because the requirement is not required of _this_ rule) in that
it does not define the departure and arrival times of the new
_station_ it mentions, only the new _tunnel_.
So, 2.5 Style points for 194:3

Note from the Judge:
I am really getting interested in how this tunnel system is shaping
up.  I look forward to many more rules expanding the system.

    Your Judge, Jesse Weinstein