Re: 169:11 - INVALID?

From: Glenn Overby II (guardcaptain_at_earthlink.net)
Date: Sun Sep 30 2001 - 23:41:27 PDT

Aron Wall writes:

>Glenn Overby II wrote:
>
>> Gallivanting Tripper writes:
>>
>> Jesse to 6,
>
>This rule should be invalid because Jesse was in the safe house and so cannot
be moved by
>the ship space's effects.

But there is nothing in the rule that says the gust of wind is an effect of the ship
space.  Indeed, if it were so I would have ruled 169:11 INVALID both on Jesse's
account and on Rich's (remember, he moves to 11 with the wind).

Since the gust of wind is never specified as being an effect of the ship space, and
since there is a consistent alternate reading of the rule that allows a ruling of
VALID, I have so ruled.  (And docked Tripper style points for the imprecision.)

Now where did the wind come from?  I have a theory, but it's not my place to
make up rules for you.  <evil grin>

Glenn