Re: 216:9

From: Arnt Gulbrandsen (arnt_at_oryx.com)
Date: Wed Oct 01 2003 - 01:27:22 PDT

Jeff Weston (Sir Toby) writes:
> Does the United States Army have power over Congress, or does Congress
> have Power over the United States Army?

Esteemed judge: You allowed the well-behaved power utility of Augsburg
to turn off the power without reason. That stretches the imagination
almost to the breaking point. In the past three years, there has been
exactly one power failure there, and it was a short one.

If you're willing to stretch the imagination that far, surely you'll
also allow the odd general to ignore a little bit of instruction from
his civil superior.

As the chestnut goes:

President to generals: You're fired.
Generals to president: No we're not. You are.

--Arnt