Re: 216:9

From: Jeff Weston (Sir Toby) (jjweston_at_kenny.sir-toby.com)
Date: Wed Oct 01 2003 - 00:04:26 PDT

On Wed, 1 Oct 2003, Ed Murphy wrote:

> The people of the United States could conceivably remove Congress from
> power by physical force.  Especially if they were backed by the United
> States Army, which has many staff sergeants and privates first class
> that keep things tidy.  And neat.
>
> Subsequent rules must prove me wrong by finding a higher power, showing
> how it's neat, and showing how it corrupts.  Mustn't forget corruption.

I'm torn on this one. Does the United States Army have power over
Congress, or does Congress have Power over the United States Army? Also,
is this Rule even tackling the correct power? I read the power from 216:8
as "the Constitution and Legislation of the United States", not Congress.

Any thoughts from the peanut gallery?

--
Jeff Weston (Sir Toby)