169:7

From: Aron Wall (aron_at_wall.org)
Date: Wed Sep 26 2001 - 10:29:45 PDT

169:7

I roll a ten! I always had the greatest luck in this game.  Having
placed (not landed) my piece on the start, I move forward to space 10,
tripping the piece that is already there back to 8. Note that moving
past a blockade means moving from all the way behind it to all the way
in front of it, so blockades on Start/1 aren't all that annoying at the
beginning.  Now since I rolled doubles, I get to go again.  I stare in
disbelief at my pair of zeros and watch in horror as space 10 disappears
into ooze and fog, consuming my top hat piece.  Next moment, space 10
seems to have completely vanished, leaving a smooth connection between
space 9 and space 11.  So this is what happens on a double 0!

Is my piece destroyed?  No, it has merely entered the Void, from which
all pieces come and to which they will inevitably return.  All members
of the FRC have a piece (even the Judge, whose piece is on the board).
 They come from it to start and they return to it when their piece is
"destroyed".

Fortunately, we all are provided with an extra life, so rather then
re-entering the game as an abstract concept, I can provide my piece with
a new physical form and enter the board again normally.  The default
pieces have 3 for all their stats, but for a new piece I have to roll.
Let's see... my new plutonium horse piece has 5 strength and 2 magic.  I
can re-enter him next turn.