227:3

From: cleonhard_at_cox.net
Date: Wed Sep 15 2004 - 12:51:52 PDT

Two young men stood along a roadway, watching a traveler approach.

"Hark," said the first, "a Knight approaches!"

"Ha!" laughed the traveler as he drew closer, "I can see that *you* are no Knight, for *I* certainly am not! Canst thou not tell a Knave from a Knight?"

The second young man, on hearing this, replied "He can, when he sees one." Handing the traveler a sealed letter, he went on. "So long as you're traveling in that direction, perhaps you'd be so good as to deliver this letter. It's the next rule, and it explains which of us is the Jester, which the Knave, and which the Knight."

"No, it won't," countered the first.