224:2 VALID +2, no effect!

From: jcm3_at_cec.wustl.edu
Date: Tue May 18 2004 - 09:18:47 PDT

224:2 VALID +2, no effect!
What a mess.  Ok here is what has happened:

1) With no previous valid rules, 224:2 is clearly valid.
2) 224:1 is now seconded.  Although the rule is still
INVALID, I am going to judge its *content* to be in effect
(as stated in 224:1).  This is what I get for allowing
INVALID rules to have effects :(
3) 224:2 now has no effect on the game, because it has not
been seconded.  Therefore 224:1 is NOT seconded.
4) The ROs state that a rule can only be judged INVALID if
it is inconsistent with a previous VALID rule.  I won't
say that 224:1 is inconsistent with 224:2, but 224:1 is
not even VALID.

Ok, I am not beneath letting a paradox remain active
during this round.  But for the sake of my single brain, I
am going to interpret the 224:1 clause "rules in round 224
must be seconded before taking effect" to not provide a
provision for retracting seconding.  224:1 *was* seconded,
so it is in effect.

224:1 is invalid *with* an effect
224:2 is valid with *no* effect

Ruling:
VALID

Style:
+1 Seconds a rule
+1 On theme: ignorance would be a key to hive
intelligence.  It would get really hard to think if most
thoughts weren't ignored.

Jae