Re: 229:1 (INVALID, +0.0)

From: Rich Holmes (rsholmes_at_mailbox.syr.edu)
Date: Thu Dec 16 2004 - 10:48:23 PST

Aron Wall <aron_at_wall.org> writes:

> > Nor can one argue that the restriction is purely descriptive, rather
> > than restrictive, because the restriction was not in fact followed in
> > that past round.

Nonsense.  A description does not have to be accurate to be a
description.  If I say 'Aron Wall is a three-legged lemur who owns 52%
of Microsoft', am I asserting that I require you to be so?  Or merely
describing you in what I would assume is an inaccurate fashion?

And since it is the rules of a different round, not the rules of this
round nor the ROs, that are being inaccurately described, there is no
validity-affecting inconsistency.

- Rich Holmes