Round 229 final summary

From: Bryan Donlan (bdonlan_at_gmail.com)
Date: Thu Dec 16 2004 - 10:45:44 PST

Round 229: innuendo
(All times are UTC)
Player              Eligible until              Style
David Nicol                     (20 Dec 2004 02:30)                     0
James Willson           (14 Dec 2004 03:26)                     1.5
Everyone else           (13 Dec 2004 22:01)                     0

David Nicol will be the Judge of round 230. James Willson will be the
Wizard of round 230.

229:1 by David Nicol (invalid, +0.0)

I find it difficult to deliberately craft innuendo, but there is a lot
of it about, so my proposal is that each rule in round 221 include
some found, or overheard, such as this ac/dc lyric that was
just on 99.7 KYYS  a few minutes ago, and we as a group may
then appreciate the merits of the found objects that are shared.

Some balls are held for charity
And some for fancy dress
But when they're held for pleasure
They're the balls that I like best
My balls are always bouncing
To the left and to the right
It's my belief that my big balls
Should be held every night

-------------------------------

Places restrictions on a past round (221). INVALID.

+1.0 Follows theme
-1.0 Discourages originality
----
+0.0 Total

229:2 by James Willson (VALID, +1.5)

I, too, find crafting innuendo difficult.
Fortunately, I found the follwing innuendo on the FRC list:

   Some balls are held for charity
   And some for fancy dress
   But when they're held for pleasure
   They're the balls that I like best
   My balls are always bouncing
   To the left and to the right
   It's my belief that my big balls
   Should be held every night

All rules will draw thier innuendo from different sources.

+1.0 Follows theme
+0.5 Exploits loophole in previous (INVALID) rule
----
+1.5

229:3 by David Nicol (VALID, +1.0)
Mon, 13 Dec 2004 03:30:52 +0100
-----------------------------------
She gets down on her hands and knees

and begs for my big ten inch
record of the band that plays the blues
we're a band that plays the blues
she just loves my big ten inch
record of her favorite blues.

Heard on "many phases of the blues" last night on KCUR,
these lines do not appear in Aerosmith's cover of this classic song.

+1.0 on theme
+1.0