Re: Round 218: No Winner, No Eligible Committee Members

From: Chuck Carroll (frc_at_chuckcarroll.org)
Date: Tue Nov 18 2003 - 05:05:00 PST

At 11:23 AM 11/17/03 +0100, Stephen Turner wrote:

>I've always had problems with the start time of the round being the same as
>the time of the first rule, for this reason. It used to be that the judge
>would nominate a start time for the round.

The other problem is that it means the person who posts the first rule gets
no eligibility bonues for doing so, which seems unfair.  In the future, I'd
recommend something like "The round starts at [time].  Players are
requested to wait 24 (or 48, or whatever seems fair) hours after the start
of the round to allow [Wizard] to post the first rule."  Of course, this
means that if a player didn't wait for the wizard, his premature rule would
still be an actual fantasy rule, but I think most players are capable of
waiting.

Chuck