Re: Spam, spam, spam, spam, spam, spam, spam... (fwd)

From: Jeff Weston (Sir Toby) (jjweston_at_kenny.sir-toby.com)
Date: Fri Apr 11 2003 - 13:44:13 PDT

--
Jeff Weston (Sir Toby)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Fri, 11 Apr 2003 10:42:15 -0700
From: Matthew Schuler <MSchuler_at_cp.berkeley.edu>
To: "Jeff Weston (Sir Toby)" <jjweston_at_kenny.sir-toby.com>
Subject: Re: Spam, spam, spam, spam, spam, spam, spam...

There are two points in RO#10:
All actions under these rules must be accomplished by a public posting in
the official committee forum.
The Judge may determine the location and nature of the official committee
forum.

The first ought to remain. Perhaps this rule should be split, one part
keeping the first sentence, the second naming the official committee forum?

-Matthew

                      "Jeff Weston (Sir
                      Toby)"                     To:      frc_at_trolltech.com
                      <jjweston_at_kenny.si         cc:
                      r-toby.com>                Subject: Re: Spam, spam, spam, spam, spam, spam,
                      Sent by:                   spam...
                      owner-frc_at_trolltec
                      h.com

                      04/11/03 10:38 AM

On 11 Apr 2003, Richard S. Holmes wrote:

> "Jesse W" <jessw_at_netwood.net> writes:
>
> > On 9 Apr 2003,, Arnt Gulbrandsen <arnt_at_gulbrandsen.priv.no> wrote:
> > >   a) I move you to a different address, using the same software
except
> > > with even stricter settings
> >
> > I vote for this.  I don't _think_ it would cause too many problems...
>
> I likewise think this would be a Good Thing, though whether a vote is
> called for I don't know...

RO # 10:

Where to Do Things.  All actions under these rules must be accomplished by
a public posting in the official committee forum. The Judge may determine
the location and nature of the official committee forum.

Come to think of it, this seems like an awful lot of power to give a
judge. Hasn't this feature been abused in the past? May I suggest altering
RO # 10 to declare the official committee forum as a specific mailing
list? Either the one we're using, or the new one if we go that route.

--
Jeff Weston (Sir Toby)