Re: Discussion topic

From: Jesse Welton (jwelton_at_pacific.mps.ohio-state.edu)
Date: Thu May 30 2002 - 11:11:05 PDT

Jonathan Van Matre wrote:

> I'm curious about the traditional un-stylishness of re-submitting rules.

To the very good reason Anton gave, I'd add that it encourages
creativity to find new and different directions to take the round.

When a rule contains important fixes to holes in the round, I'm
generally inclined not to penalize a resubmission much.  But
certainly, a resubmission should not receive again whatever bonuses
were given the first rule for whatever its good qualities may be.  Its
author already received those.

-Jesse