Re: 192:3 VALID +1

From: Joshua (j3b4_at_yahoo.com)
Date: Thu Aug 22 2002 - 06:27:56 PDT

--- "Richard S. Holmes" <rsholmes_at_MailBox.Syr.Edu> wrote:
> From: R. Holmes, Assistant Associate Assessor, Assyria Office
> To:   All FRC Legal Counsel
> Re:   Request
>
> RO5 reads
>
>   5. End of Game.  If at any time after the seventh day of a round,
>      there is only one person eligible to play, then
>       (a) all current fantasy rules are repealed
>       (b) the round ends
>       (c) the sole remaining player is declared winner of the just
>     ended round and becomes Judge.
>
> Mr Towsner has already pointed out that the above condition would
> fail
> to be met if no rules were to be posted.  It should be noted,
> however,
> that if no *valid* rules were to be posted, the win condition
> likewise
> would not occur.  Rules 192:1 and 192:2 have already been ruled
> VALID;
> however, precedent suggests that said rulings can be changed within a
> three (3) day time window.  This time window still is open.  If the
> Judge were to change eir rulings on 192:1 and 192:2, and rule this
> and
> all future rules INVALID, e could arguably retain power.
>
> Unfortunately the ROs do not specify this.  There is no specific
> regulation relating to the consequences of all players becoming
> ineligible at or before the end of the first week, and a logical
> (though unpleasant) argument could be made that in such a case, the
> present round never ends and FRC ceases to function.  Presumably a
> Proposal would be required to settle the question, and of course the
> outcome of such a Proposal would not be guaranteed.
>
> Legal staff are reminded that in future each memo must quote at least
> one full sentence or clause from the ROs in support of its argument.
> --
> - Rich Holmes
>   Syracuse, NY
> --
> Rule Date: 2002-08-21 15:30:47 GMT

VALID +1.0
The more I read the more I become convinced of a horrible certainty.
These so called counsellors are little more than cohorts in a vicious
and cowardly conspiracy to deprive me of the honors that so rightfully
belong to me as a reward for my brilliance.  They pretend to be
building a case for me, yet they undermine my position at every turn.
Notice how good naturedly each advisor responds to eachother's
suggestions and how gently they remind eachother of alltogether trivial
restrictions on their proffessional practice. Bah! At this rate they
will all be eligible for eternity thus depriving me of my next victory
forever!

Post your ad for free now! http://personals.yahoo.ca