Re: 170:3 Judgement

From: Arnt Gulbrandsen (arnt_at_gulbrandsen.priv.no)
Date: Tue Oct 09 2001 - 07:04:15 PDT

"Richard S. Holmes" <rsholmes_at_MailBox.Syr.Edu>
> Same problem as always: the rule submission was MIME-encoded, and the
> rule date was appended outside any MIME sections.  Solution: either
> make the rule date appending script smarter, or (better yet), don't
> post MIME-encoded messages to mailing lists.

The former is impractical. I can easily append a bit to a text/plain
bodypart, but a text/html bodypart is much harder.

The latter is probably impractical too. Although it does have particular
merits for the FRC: who knows what mischief a multipart/alternative rule
could have, if different members see differently formatted (and/or
contentually different) versions of it?

--Arnt