Re: 170:3 Judgement

From: Richard S. Holmes (rsholmes_at_MailBox.Syr.Edu)
Date: Tue Oct 09 2001 - 06:44:30 PDT

Arnt Gulbrandsen <arnt_at_gulbrandsen.priv.no> writes:

> Factitious <x40_at_pacbell.net>
> >     As an aside, I didn't see a rule date on the bottom of this rule.
> > Did anyone else receive the official date?  If it can't be determined,
> > is there an accepted precedent for calculating elgibility?
>
> That's weird. The date is also in the headers:

>         Tue, 9 Oct 2001 04:40:03 +0200
>
> But it should've been there. I'll call the sysadmins at Trolltech and ask
> whether any of them were messing with the mailing lists. And I'll move the
> list to where I can look after it more closely.

Same problem as always: the rule submission was MIME-encoded, and the
rule date was appended outside any MIME sections.  Solution: either
make the rule date appending script smarter, or (better yet), don't
post MIME-encoded messages to mailing lists.

Here's the message as I received it, with quoting which hopefully
will keep the MIME headers from mucking things up:

--
- Rich Holmes
  Syracuse, NY