167:18, INVALID, -2.0

From: Jeremy D. Selengut (selengut_at_nih.gov)
Date: Thu Aug 23 2001 - 12:26:47 PDT

167:18

>Parent 167:14
>"Our overworked Judge will" make us obey rules.  This can't be
>taken for nothing.  It is a parasitic rule: A rule-writer must carefully
>pick the words in their rule, ignoring patented parts, since he must
>put in the genetic infomation of my rule, in the same order, in his

Submitted by Jesse F. W.

Judgement: INVALID.  This rule is attempting to clone 167:14.  In cloning
the genetic code of the clone is the same as that as the parent with the
exception of any genetic material from words _spliced in accordance with
previous rules_.  The only rule supporting splicing is 167:8, which
requires the splicing in of 1/2 of the patented phrase from the previous
rule.  The patented phrase from the previous rule in this case has no
genetic material. Therefore, either the genetic code of this rule is
identical to that of 167:14 (which is inconsistent with 167:12) or it is
not identical (which is inconsistent with 167:14).  QED.

Style: The phrasing and grammar of this rule are awkward and its meaning is
unclear.  The effect of this rule if it were valid would be difficult in
the extreme and probably round-killing.  I would not suggest resubmitting a
corrected version.  -2.0

-TWJ