Round 224: The Hive Mind

From: jcm3_at_cec.wustl.edu
Date: Mon May 10 2004 - 14:25:05 PDT

My theme suggestion for this round is "collective intelligence."  Think:
The Borg.

The web is just one step closer to the goal of a physical manifestation of
shared intelligence.  It is not coincidental that the associative
structure of the web resembles the associative structures of the brain -
In the physical universe there are few other structures that have such an
associative structure.  Certainly, without rules, this new era will tear
apart the very fabric of our society.

I am confident that you, the members of the FRC, can come up with some
rational [or irrational?] rules that will prevent [or cause?] this from
happening ;)

Yes: I will award bonus style points for multiple posts by the same
person, so long as there is an intervening post.

Round begins when the first rule is posted.

Jae