197:11

From: j3b4_at_yahoo.com
Date: Thu Nov 28 2002 - 18:55:06 PST

I give the committee a sense of restraint. Priceless.  I return the book
by McEue after learning that it is a shameless plagiarism of an identicle
though erroneously titled book by Rolansy  Mistmuse-Facteet, "1001
Anagrams for BOB".  I get nothing back for it.

In a rage at being played for a fool by Arlo Smitty I resolve to purge the
committee of his influence I compose the most unstylish and offensive
rule that comes to mind. Then just because I'm in such a grinch-like
mood I scan the room for unoppened boxes and, if there are any,
transport them as quickly as possible to the bottom of the nearest
ocean where they will be slowly eaten by sea creatures and eventually
reveal their contents to the curiosity of any FRC members who care to
don the necessary SCUBA gear in order to inspect the  boxes within.

Armed with a can of maroon spray paint (FB12.97) - which I intend to
leave to the committee when I'm finished (value of a partially used tin
of spray paint is estimated at FB4.23) - I deface the wall with the
following manifesto:

"Restrictions imposed by this rule will only be effective in future rules.
Valid rules may be composed using only characters that are NOT
numbers, punctuation marks, or members of the following set:
ACEFILMNORSTUY.  Ha ha, Just kidding.  Illegal letters may be implied
by substituting an * mark in places where they would have occurred."

On sober refelction I calm down and realise that rather than urinating
all over the holiday banquet I should try to forgive and forget,  drink a
beer and spread some cheer.

Finding some gravy and a basting brush I go back to the spraypainted
wall and carefully add the following amendment:

"Any sentences in this rule immediately followed by the sentence "Ha
ha, just kidding." are not merely jokes but in fact intended to express
the complete opposite of what they seem to say. "

--
Joshua E. Bearden
"Beware the fury of the patient man. "