Re: The Regular Ordinances

From: Christopher Bartlett (bridgeweaver_at_mediaone.net)
Date: Sat Aug 18 2001 - 08:02:33 PDT

Let me see if I understand the case where a rule would be unsuccessful,
rather than invalid.

John submits a rule proposal at 18:00:00 GMT.  Bjorn submits a rule
proposal at 18:01:00 GMT of the same day.  Bjorn's proposal contains
something that would be rendered invalid by something in John's proposal.
John's proposal is ruled valid first, then Bjorn's proposal is judged and
the inconsistency is noted by the judge.  The judge would normally rule
Bjorn's proposal invalid, but because he concludes that Bjorn was
submitting his proposal in the rule space that existed before John's
proposal, it is unfair to punish Bjorn for an invalid rule, so Bjorn's is
ruled unsuccessful, which means the rule isn't implemented, but Bjorn isn't
docked a day of eligibility.

Is that correct and clear?

     Chris Bartlett