Apologies to WolfRun, ep 72651

Discussion about The Never Ending Quest.

Moderator: Extend-A-Story Moderators

Hi! My name is Ib!

Post by Hi! My name is Ib! »

Okay.

*takes a deep breath*

Goodness. At least we talked it out. Again, REALLY, sir, that's the only reason I took offense -- the fact that I know you're smart and the ONLY reason you would do something like that is to make a statement against the previous episode.

And I admit it WAS abrupt. Maybe I DID come across the wrong way. It's not what I meant. AT ALL.

This reminds me of the MSG vs. Y feud!!! Let's not go down that road, KR!!
PLEASE!!!

We talked it out. JH, if you would be so kind, please delete 72653 & 72658.

Either that or I will edit 72653 later on in the day tomorrow.

Then we'll all hold hands and sing songs round the maypole.
Hi! My name is Ib!

We're all on the same page now.

I could never find myself disliking KR. Thank you for your input, WolfRun.

It's just been a rough day for me. Full of stress. I found great relief in writing today, and then...

IT WAS ALL A MISUNDERSTANDING.

And I kind of jumped the gun. Please forgive me, KR.

Aren't we the biggest Dweebs!? Who cares, really! We all love to express our feelings through the written world, and we have all been involved in creating this fantastic Universe called NEQ

Cheers to all of you!

To many more years of Dweebery!!!

I'm open to any and ALL suggestions/criticisms!!!!

HERE! HERE!

<well...at least I'M a dweeb> :oops:
KnightRandom

Post by KnightRandom »

It's interesting--sometimes I have terrible writer's block for days, and then sometimes I get this intense creative burst of energy and come up with something great instantly. That's what happened with the modified version of that episode--I wanted to deal with everyone's possible concerns as soon as possible, so I wrote it in a few minutes. The title just popped into my head and then I realized how to handle the two threads. The only things I had to change were a minor pronoun error and an option that suggested yet ANOTHER Doctor Who crossover, especially since what I'm writing off Option 5 tomorrow will also be connected with Doctor Who. Though I still picture that character (whoever he may be) as being played by Tom Baker. :)

Now that the disagreement has ended, I'd like to call attention to a more important thing--the wikipedia link a few pages back was fubared, ruining my subtle joke/foreshadowing. (Though Ace won't be in those episodes. But the Doctor will be. Well, sort of.)

And Ib, it's all OK. I've had days like that too.

Aside--I have a feeling that JH eventually will take option two. :)
WolfRun

Post by WolfRun »

If JH takes option two, how much do you wanna bet that she's naked? :D
JH

Post by JH »

I was peacefully asleep (thanls to the time difference) when all this blew up. :)

If the three of you can agree on what (if any) changes you want made (deleting eps, switching the order of options, enabling Add New Option or whatever), I will do my best to implement them. (But switching the order of episodes would be laborious if one of the options has already been continued. And deleting an episode would involve deleting all of its "children", of course.)
1) Ib, when I went to post my Tarin ep. I found the option locked and under construction. A little while later (maybe a half hour?) I found it locked but with a button to unlock it since its creation had been "abandoned". So I unlocked it and added. Where, when and how your episode creation attempt got nipped in the bud I don't know. JH or Toby can probably figure that out.
If somebody starts creating an episode but hasn't completed the process after some longish time (which I thought was an hour but could be less), then the option to unlock it is provided, to allow for an episode being created where the author has then forgotten all about it or had a serious computer crash before he/she could finish it.
JH
KnightRandom

Post by KnightRandom »

Things are more or less fine now with the original three episodes, but 72658 should be deleted because it was written to alert Ib that I'd changed my previous episode and it just links back to episode 2. Ib will decide whether to edit his previous episode. Sorry it's all so confusing. :)
JH

Post by JH »

I wrote my message here before I'd actually seen the episodes in question. Hopefully everyone who ought to has read the episodes that are simply apologies, so I'll delete those now.
JH
KnightRandom

Post by KnightRandom »

It occurs to me that in all the chaos last night I hadn't accounted for Tyndale. I've now fixed the episode so that his absence is noted.
JH

Post by JH »

That may no longer be as relevant, as Ib now appears to have blanked his episode 72651, which given all the effort that he evidently expended on it seems a shame. :(
JH
KnightRandom

Post by KnightRandom »

I second the vote to bring that episode back--it was great. And I like the setup that ended up coming about which enabled us to have an unnerving, atmospheric quest thread and a surreal humor thread at the same time.

Anyway, this is all becoming a bit distressing to me, and I have a bunch of episodes I'm writing that require a certain amount of thought and would like to have time for non-NEQ related writing too, so I'll be on hiatus for a few days.
Hi! My name is Ib!

Don't know why I blanked it. Sorry guys.

I made way too much of an issue with this. Sometimes it IS good to take a break, KR. I might take a couple day hiatus myself.
JH

Post by JH »

I hope you both enjoy your break. :) At least it might give me a chance to catch up with all the continuations that I'd like to write. Everyone's been so busy lately that I've been falling behind.

I'm especially glad to see the old You/Karen thread revived, which The Seeker and I originally began on Game 3. In copying it over, I seem to have attached The Seeker's name to two episodes that, judging by the writing style, I'm pretty sure I wrote myself. A (sadly only virtual) prize for anyone who can spot them.

I notice that I (and perhaps others) have dropped hints of the possible beginning of romantic feelings between Karen and Aaron. I think that when I wrote that I had forgotten that when Aaron's sister died her spirit apparently somehow entered Karen's mind. (It's interesting to speculate what might have happened to Karen's own spirit when that occurred.) So a growing fondness as of brother and sister would be appropriate, but not anything beyond that.
JH
KnightRandom

Post by KnightRandom »

Maybe Karen's spirit ended up in Stacy Jones's body? :)
JH

Post by JH »

LOL!
JH