Apologies to WolfRun, ep 72651

Discussion about The Never Ending Quest.

Moderator: Extend-A-Story Moderators

Hi! My name is Ib!

Apologies to WolfRun, ep 72651

Post by Hi! My name is Ib! »

I had already taken the option from KnightRandom's ep, and had locked it. When I tried to finalize the episode, it said someone else had taken it. Which can't be true, because I got to it first. Weird.

The whole point of my episode was to continue the option one trend. Therefore, I had to take your option one. Not trying to be an asshole!

I put some heart into it and I need it to be part of the option one thread.
KnightRandom

Post by KnightRandom »

Re ep 72652

I'm so sorry.

(But do note that this episode makes it possible to continue BOTH threads, albiet neither are the first option.)
Hi! My name is Ib!

Hmmmmm.

Dude, you're better than this. I mean, I'm the King of Stupidity on this site.

But what the Hell?

Don't correct me on my grammar if THIS is what...

Or wait? Maybe this is...

Hmmm. Either this is the stupidest thing I've EVER seen you put forth or it's ONE of the most brilliant.
Last edited by Hi! My name is Ib! on Tue Dec 18, 2007 2:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
KnightRandom

Post by KnightRandom »

It's a direct quote from Endless Perspectives Episode 54, which introduced the Purple Toaster Headed Gorilla, in case that wasn't clear, because the topic drift reminded me of Game 3, which seems to be increasingly taking over NEQ lately.
Hi! My name is Ib!

But it wasn't a topic drift. Everything prior HAD happened, in Fred's dreams. Which may or may not be completely valid.

It has been well established that the Shrekken Mountains are a place of literal nightmare.

The whole Shoggoth theme is still there.

It was inspired by my own weird dreams last night and seemed befitting. I mean, given the thread, I think it was uncalled for you to to add something so mindless.

There's plenty of Game 3 style stuff going on right now. Why did you have to do that to the one serious episode I've made in awhile? I mean, maybe that's the whole point.

It's all fair game. I understand this. I'm fine with it. But coming from you, who I respect, it's just kind of disappointing and almost seems to belittle the prior episode.

Again, maybe that's the point.

I dunno. No biggie.
KnightRandom

Post by KnightRandom »

Your episode was quite good, but the problem was that you basically cut off the previous thread, which was also quite good, since WOlfRun never enables add new option. I wanted to do something that would respect both epsiodes--since I left an option for both the Escape from New YOrk thread and the NEverending Saga thread--and also would, following the trend of the rest of this thread, be as bizarre as possible. And now I am about to do something even more convoluted and bizarre with the first option of that episode.
Hi! My name is Ib!

Nothing was cut off, it was only continued. But whatever. The next time Fred slept he could very well be in New York with Tarin-Gazin again. Maybe MY episode was the dream. This was the whole point. It was all part of the Shoggoth war. I was just trying to be original, while staying true to previous episodes.

Lots42 could have done a more down to earth extension to my episode. At least HIS madness is done in TASTE.

Like I said, it's all good. And in fact, given the way reality is shifting and bending, you ARE keeping true to the thread...I suppose. It's not even about whether my episode is good. It's NOT. It's whatever. Your addition just seemed to have NOTHING to do with ANY of the episode's leading up to it. Not just mine. Whereas my episode at least made SOME sense.

"Fred woke up from a dream". Not, "U r walking thru forest picking nose lol, bla bla bla stupid bullshit."

And yes, I know you added those options, but the fact of the matter is that it still seems to insult the prior episode coming from such a bright guy as yourself.

But it's NEQ and I think I'm taking things a little too personal. But maybe not.

You did it out of spite, as far as I can tell. You could have made the transition at least somewhat tasteful.

Even my most tasteless episodes (and i admit there are many) retain SOME amount of continuity.

If I was WolfRun, I would not be offended by my continuation. While abrupt, it still had an iota, a morsel, an unstable atom of continuity.

Yours had none. For artistic expression? Spare me.
Hi! My name is Ib!

But...Oh well.

Sorry. I don't take things personal.

I just don't agree with what you did. I don't think it was respectful is all. Unless you have an ace up your sleeve.

Like I said, either this the most tasteless or one of the most creative ones you've graced us with.

Either way, you're a good writer and that's the only reason I'm offended. On a totally non-personal level.

OKAY! I TOOK IT PERSONAL. *SOBS*

Is that what you wanted!?

My shrink is gonna have to up my dose of Xanax now! :?
KnightRandom

Post by KnightRandom »

You're right, I probably shouldn't have written that episode. Your intent wasn't particularly clear, though, and it seemed like you were just ignoring Wolfrun's plotline. I am modifying the episode to make it fit that, as well as my original plans.
KnightRandom

Post by KnightRandom »

I have now fixed this episode, in a way that should be amenable to everyone. Hopefully there will be no hard feelings.
Hi! My name is Ib!

None.

Thank you. Brilliant episode, I will now amend my addition to it.

I think you know exactly where I was coming from. If you ever feel I'm being disrespectful to YOUR work, let me know.

And my latest episode blatantly WAS. So I'll fix it.

I'm glad we had this talk. :roll:
KnightRandom

Post by KnightRandom »

And yes, I did have an ace up my sleeve, but it would work just as well on option 5 of that episode as option 1. It's actually partially based on another of your threads, which I really like. You'll see it tomorrow, because the last time I posted this late the result was even more unpleasant.
WolfRun

Post by WolfRun »

Hey guys,

I certainly didn't think I'd end up involved in an Author War. And I hope that it doesn't get anymore heated (unless I'm missing something and it has deeper roots than I know of). I have been gone for a long time.

But, a few points I want to make clear.

1) Ib, when I went to post my Tarin ep. I found the option locked and under construction. A little while later (maybe a half hour?) I found it locked but with a button to unlock it since its creation had been "abandoned". So I unlocked it and added. Where, when and how your episode creation attempt got nipped in the bud I don't know. JH or Toby can probably figure that out.

2) I know some of you don't like the fact that I don't enable "Add New Option". But all you regulars who still remember me also know that that's what I do. It isn't done to offend anybody. And I explained my reasons a long time ago on a previous message thread.

As for leaving only one option, the reason for that was very, very simple. I just couldn't think of a good second option. And I really, really didn't want to just put in a "something else". Again, it's just a personal thing for me, but "something else" isn't something I like to add as an option. Maybe this time I should have :shock:

3) Ib, Ep.72651 is a great episode. But then, I am definitely one of those people who love 'serious' episodes!

4) Knight Random, from your messages here I understand what you were going for, but I do have to agree with Ib that your follow up episode is quite jarring with no bridging material to connect it to the previous post. As such, I can see how Ib would be upset. Maybe a little editing will fix the problem. Your options clearly show that you were trying to create a fork for following either directly off of Ib's or following off of my episode.

So, I don't feel angry with either of you.

Oh and if I read Ib's post correctly, "...I need it to be part of the option one thread.", then I assume you specifically want to add to this storyline because it was created by following the first option only. If so, hey, that's my motivation to adding to this story thread as well! To me, it has a special distinction that's pretty cool. (In an admittedly dweeb kind of way :D )
KnightRandom

Post by KnightRandom »

Wolfrun, in case you didn't notice, I now amended the episode to create that branch in a more subtle way (and also to preserve other plans I had.) Ib and I normally get along very well, he just was very personally invested in that one episode. Sometimes that happens.
WolfRun

Post by WolfRun »

Ah, I see that Knight Random did go back and edit ep.72652. And it reads very nicely too.

Now we need only wait for JH to delete the follow up and see where this will lead.

Poor JH. Does he never find the weight of the NeverEnding Universe lifted from his shoulders?