The longest NEQ storyline...

Discussion about The Never Ending Quest.

Moderator: Extend-A-Story Moderators

El' MooCow

The longest NEQ storyline...

Post by El' MooCow »

Wow. I was looking at the story tree, and after about an hour, the longest storyline begins at 5242, by selecting 'A young girl'. I never would have really guessed that. Wow... o.O

Well, it's amazing how long some of the episodes were.... I'm talking, 10, 20 paragraphs long. I know JH and MSG (particularly MSG) have contributed much to the storyline, but I'm just thinking 'wow... just wow'.

Something like 229 episodes long. Just wanted to congratulate you guys on that... I don't know if I'll ever read all of that (229 eps, and most of them being quite long is a bit too much for me...)

So umm, even though it was last updated in 2001, if MSG, or anyone who writes for that storyline sees this, I just want to congratulate them.

EDIT: The storyline didn't actually end after 229 episodes. It just back-linked at episode 19105.
Please, by all means, extend any of my episodes. It's good to know someone out there is actually reading the crap I'm writing.
Noise Tank

Post by Noise Tank »

I second what you have just said. Congratulations you guys.

Who backlinked it? It's a real shame it couldn't have continued.
Execute Order 66
El' MooCow

Post by El' MooCow »

MSG, actually. But the backlink lead further into the storyline anyway, so the storyline would be infact longer than 229 episodes...

The back-link eventually leads to episode: 19459, which backlinks to 17994. This eventually leads to... 25442, which backlinks to 25209, which leads to... 46637.

46637 backlinks to: 46635, which leads to 51905, wherein it finally reaches two red links.

Suffice it to say there's a lot of backlinking involved, and including backlinks, the longest storyline goes to 51905, but not counting backlinks, it goes to 19105.

I'll work out how many episodes the storyline is including the backlinked episodes is later, but right now that's too much work.
Please, by all means, extend any of my episodes. It's good to know someone out there is actually reading the crap I'm writing.