Discussion about The Never Ending Quest.

Moderator: Extend-A-Story Moderators

sneakypreacher

Post by sneakypreacher »

Hi everyone. I have been lurking around the Never-Ending Quest website for about a week now. I stumbled onto this site by accident. I was looking for old Dungeons and Dragons Endless Quest books for myself, just trying to bring back some old memories...I loved those books as a child.

I am now 34 years old and am very impressed with this site. I remember as a child reading those Endless Quest books and thinking "Well, those were some pretty lame options...if I wrote this book, I would have..." and wanted to change things in the story.

This site is a great oppurtunity to do just that.

I am quite impressed at alot of your storylines that all of you wrote...and some are funny, some are serious, and lets be honest...some are really lame...lol.

But thats the beauty of the site...if you get to a lame storyline...you have the option to add to that storyline yourself and FIX it, so to speak.

If the storyline is really good...I don't mind adding to it but not taking away anything from it. If its a serious storyline, I"m not going to change it to a comedy...and if its a comedy, I"m not going to change it to something serious.

If its just completely lame, then my opinion is "anything goes" lol.

Thanks to all the writers of the story thus far...lame or otherwise...and I am looking forward to adding to this great story...for better or worse...lol.
Jonathan Nolan

Post by Jonathan Nolan »

Greetings from a fellow n00b. :)
JH

Re: Newbie

Post by JH »

sneakypreacher wrote:Hi everyone. I have been lurking around the Never-Ending Quest website for about a week now.
Welcome! I've enjoyed reading your episodes. I hope that you have a lot of fun here. If you haven't already done so, may I suggest that you (and any other newbies who might be reading this) should read the guidelines for creating episodes at:

http://www.sir-toby.com/extend-a-story/ ... lines.html

BTW, in 60093, 61219 and 61220 Fred has metamorphosed into "you". I'd be grateful if you'd edit those episodes to correct that. If you find that you can't edit them for any reason, let me know and (as Moderator) I'll be happy to do it for you.
JH
sneakypreacher

Fred turns into "you"

Post by sneakypreacher »

Okay...the episodes are fixed...sorry 'bout that. I failed to read the guidelines.

And thanks for the warm welcome...great site!
JH

Re: Fred turns into "you"

Post by JH »

sneakypreacher wrote:Okay...the episodes are fixed...sorry 'bout that. I failed to read the guidelines.

And thanks for the warm welcome...great site!

Glad that you like it. :)

I'm afraid that there are more of your episodes that have Fred changing into "you" in their text: 61218, 61255, 61221, 61225-61230 inclusive. I'd be grateful if you could fix those.

Looking again, you haven't been replacing "Fred" by "you", by any chance? That would be the wrong way round! :)
JH
Jonathan Nolan

Post by Jonathan Nolan »

Oops... Easy to do that sort of pronoun / tense change though.
sneakypreacher

DAMN!

Post by sneakypreacher »

Lol...okay JH...I"ve edited the other episodes you have mentioned and I am now in the process of checking ALL of my episodes for the same errors...and there are alot of them.

I guess those endless quest books stuck in my head WAY too much...they used "you" instead of the heros name ALOT! lol.

Ahh the things that warp a childs mind.
Jonathan Nolan

Re: DAMN!

Post by Jonathan Nolan »

sneakypreacher wrote:
I guess those endless quest books stuck in my head WAY too much...they used "you" instead of the heros name ALOT! lol.
:)

At least they taught literacy... :)
sneakypreacher

Yep

Post by sneakypreacher »

Yes...literacy...but at what cost?

Anyway, I have to go and write some more episodes about "YOU" and his quest to slay the dragon...lol.