Time spent in creating episodes

General discussion about anything on Sir-Toby.Com that isn't covered by another forum.

Moderator: Extend-A-Story Moderators

How long does it usually take for you to finish an episode?

Under 10 minutes
22%
10 - 30 minutes
44%
30 - 60 minutes
22%
Over 60 minutes
11%

Total votes: 9

Anableps

Time spent in creating episodes

Post by Anableps »

I was wondering how long it takes to write the average episode? It seems that it takes me about 60 - 90 minutes. I have done some in as little as 10 minutes, and taken up to 4 hours on a few.
JH

Post by JH »

I would say that 10-30 minutes is typical for me, though obvious it varies according to the length of the episode and whether it's a "serious" episode or just a bit of light relief. That's the actual writing time, excluding all the time staring blankly into space or indulging in displacement activities.
JH
Noise Tank

Post by Noise Tank »

It depends. Now in days, they take me around half an hour to two hours if it's a long episode or my ADHD is bad.
Execute Order 66
TCO

Post by TCO »

Thirty to Sixty is usual, I guess. Since work is boring, I usually try and run through ideas for new episodes in my head to take up time. Unfortunately, though, I sometimes forget details of previous episodes. This is frustrating when I have come up with what is for me a good idea only to find that some of it is incompatible with the thread I wanted to continue.
...the very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. They don't alter their views to fit the facts. They alter the facts to fit their views. Which can be uncomfortable if you happen to be one of the facts that need altering. - Dr. Who
sneakypreacher

Post by sneakypreacher »

I find when I"m writing an episode, I try not to drag it out too long. If I have to use several episodes to get my point across, I do so.

I tend to lose interest if an episode is too long. This story is about making choices towards a desirable outcome. If I wanted to read something really long, I"d go pick up my copy of Stephen Kings "The Stand"...lol.