Is your username based on your initals?

General discussion about anything on Sir-Toby.Com that isn't covered by another forum.

Moderator: Extend-A-Story Moderators

Noise Tank

Is your username based on your initals?

Post by Noise Tank »

I feel like I'm one of the few who doesn't use my initals as my username...not that it bothers me. I like "Noise Tank" more than "MRK" or "MK" :D
Execute Order 66
TCO

Post by TCO »

Nope. If mine was based on my initials, it would be CDS instead. TCO is short for The Clueless One.
...the very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. They don't alter their views to fit the facts. They alter the facts to fit their views. Which can be uncomfortable if you happen to be one of the facts that need altering. - Dr. Who
JH

Post by JH »

I don't think that many people use their initials, though I do. ODS may be another and, going a long way back, L.E. did. But that's all I can think of off-hand.
JH
Noise Tank

Post by Noise Tank »

What about MSG?
Execute Order 66
TCO

Post by TCO »

I don't know if ODS does. I'm sure he told me once it stood for Office Depot Sucks, or something similar.
...the very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. They don't alter their views to fit the facts. They alter the facts to fit their views. Which can be uncomfortable if you happen to be one of the facts that need altering. - Dr. Who
MSG

Post by MSG »

Noise Tank wrote:What about MSG?
Actually, that is not my initials. What it (usually) stands for, in reality, is a contraction of the word "Message".
MSG
Noise Tank

Post by Noise Tank »

MSG wrote:
Noise Tank wrote:What about MSG?
Actually, that is not my initials. What it (usually) stands for, in reality, is a contraction of the word "Message".
Oh...I actually thought that it was a referance to Metal Gear Solid at first (I soon realized that it was MSG, not MGS)

What about lots? Why did you name yourself that?
Execute Order 66
ODS

Post by ODS »

<pops out of nowhere> Yes my name stands for Office Depot Sucks.
My initials would be CJRH.
Yeah two middle names doesn't make for a good Initials.
<dessipears for another month or two>
Won-Tolla

Post by Won-Tolla »

I use Won-Tolla for most forums I'm on. About the only exception is one where that name was taken - well actually it wouldn't accept names with a hyphen, and Wontolla was taken.
Then I just thought "what the heck" and signed up as RF57. My initials and birthyear (in case there was a plain RF already - figured it was likely enough to not bother checking)