Sarah the Elf

Discussion about The Black Void.

Moderator: Extend-A-Story Moderators

JH

Sarah the Elf

Post by JH »

From the geographical information in Roanna's initial episode, which puts Sarah in a forest, and the info in Josh's episode 193, which puts her on the other side of the Anduin from Lothlorien, I think she must be in the south-western part of the great forest of Greenwood, not far from Dol Guldur.

Since that would be a very unsafe area for a bard to be wandering alone towards the end of the Third Age, my suggestion is that this must be a lot earlier than the events in Lord of the Rings, and before Sauron took up residence in Dol Guldur (prior to going back to Mordor). In other words, it's still the Greenwood rather than Mirkwood. (It can't be later than the events in LotR, because Galadriel left Middle Earth for the Undying Lands.)
JH
Noise Tank

Post by Noise Tank »

It's times like this where I feel like I'm the only person in the world who hasn't read the Lotr books. :oops:
Execute Order 66
JH

Post by JH »

Well get reading, then. :)
JH
Noise Tank

Post by Noise Tank »

I try, but I have trouble getting through the fellowship (Was I the only one here who grew bored of them wandering through the forest?), and the song, oh gosh, I hate the songs.
Execute Order 66
JH

Post by JH »

If youy haven't already done so, you could watch the films instead. Naturally they are faster-paced than the book, and they cut out almost all the songs.
JH
Noise Tank

Post by Noise Tank »

Yeah, I've watched the films already, and I don't see how they possible turned that book into that movie. I don't know all of these areas that you mention.

*Sigh* I'm a Harry Potter fan.
Execute Order 66
Noise Tank

Post by Noise Tank »

Might as well ask this question here:

How does a parthon compare to a mile?
Execute Order 66
JH

Post by JH »

I'd guess that it's a unit that the writer made up, as I'd never heard of it before.
JH
TCO

Post by TCO »

Speaking about the Lord of The Rings, I'm reading through the trilogy now. As of this post I'm on the last part of The Two Towers. It's slower going then it might normally be as I am only reading on bus journeys to and from work. Travelling even the relatively small distance I do, it still makes me feel sleepy. I've taken to reading to help stop me from nodding off.
...the very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. They don't alter their views to fit the facts. They alter the facts to fit their views. Which can be uncomfortable if you happen to be one of the facts that need altering. - Dr. Who
Noise Tank

Post by Noise Tank »

Strange. I picked up the Fellowship again today, and It seemed supprisingly blissful to read. The writing no longer seems as annoying and complicated as it once was. I think read A Game of Thrones By George R.R. Martin has improved my reading skills. :D
Execute Order 66
Noise Tank

Post by Noise Tank »

...But now I've run into Tom Bombadil. :(
Execute Order 66
JH

Post by JH »

Easily the most annoying character in the whole three volumes. Perservere, it gets better.
JH
El' MooCow

Post by El' MooCow »

Just skip the songs. They are indeed well written, but they really do get you bogged down.
Please, by all means, extend any of my episodes. It's good to know someone out there is actually reading the crap I'm writing.
Won-Tolla

Post by Won-Tolla »

And for those who think even the movie trilogy is too long, there's this version.
(Needs DivX player)
Ryu Hayabusa

Post by Ryu Hayabusa »

I think read A Game of Thrones By George R.R. Martin has improved my reading skills.
Yeah dude! That series rocks! My favorite character is Tyrion Lannister - the dwarf who loves whores... I can't wait till the next book in the series comes out!

As for Sarah the elf, I think I should write something about her soon. Hope I still can remember something about Middle Earth from reading the series a long time ago...