Confusing Crossover

Discussion about The Never Ending Quest.

Moderator: Extend-A-Story Moderators

Knight Random

Confusing Crossover

Post by Knight Random »

Option 3 of episode 23181 was originally supposed to be a crossover with a comic book series I was reading and enjoying at the time I wrote that episode. However, since then, the comic book company that produced that series instituted a policy where to write fanfic based on their comics you have to fill out some kind of form and sign over any original ideas you may have to the company, which is arguably one of the stupidest ideas I've ever heard. Meanwhile, in the Happyman thread, I wanted to get back to the idea of Happyman as an absurd but dangerous multiversal destructive force rather than just an assassin for the Office of Evil, so I decided to close off this thread by having Happyman destroy that universe. That company also had economic problems and stopped the universe that series was set in in the middle of the pivotal concluding storyline, and I really did like the comics even though the person who ran the company was a rather infamous jerk, so I decided to use this episode to give that universe some closure. So that's what's with all the vague allusions in episodes 23184 and 46627.

By the way, part of the reason why I've been writing so many episodes lately is that I'll probably spend most of the rest of the year working on other projects, so I wanted to write episodes for all the threads I was interested in while I still had time. I'm sorry if you all feel to overwhelmed. :)
Ryu

Post by Ryu »

I'll not mince words. Yours is a challenge I cannot ignore.