The Astounding Knight Random

Discussion about The Never Ending Quest.

Moderator: Extend-A-Story Moderators

JH

The Astounding Knight Random

Post by JH »

How does he manage to keep track of such a complex storyline? :)
Last edited by JH on Tue Aug 10, 2004 7:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
JH
Knight Random

Post by Knight Random »

Who knows. :shock: I certainly do have a tendency to juggle a frightening number of subplots. On the other hand, this isn't nearly as bad as the Red Pyramid Thread--at least this time, I approached it with some idea of how everything fits together rather than just throwing things around. A fairly large amount of advance planning has gone into this. And if you think this is convoluted, wait till you read what I have in mind for the Doctor Who branch. :twisted:
Knight Random

Post by Knight Random »

ARgh! I was going to write a fairly long post explaining some of the more obscure references in the three Terran episodes I just wrote, but my computer crashed when I was in the middle of writing it. I don't think I'm up to writing what I wrote of it again for a while. The most significant one was that Hypertime and Earth-616 refer to the DC Comics (IE Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman, JLA etc.) and Marvel Comics (IE Spider-Man, Hulk, Daredevil, X-Men etc.) universes respectively. I'll post fuller explanations of the various Marvel and DC story elements that may be involved when they come up. Etrigan is this guy.
JH

Post by JH »

Sorry to hear about your crash. How do you compose your episodes? I write mine in Notepad (the limited HTML that can be used in an episode doesn't really need anything more fancy), and save frequently.

As for Etrigan, I wouldn't want to meet him on a dark night - or anywhen else for that matter.
JH
Knight Random

Post by Knight Random »

It wasn't an episode that was lost, it was a forum post. I write all my episodes on the text application of whatever computer I'm using--TextEdit, on my Mac laptop. This was more or less on your suggestion when I lost an episode in the middle of writing it way back in 2000. I think I re-wrote it and it was something involving Star Trek. Anyway, I'll handle it tomorrow.

Glad to see that as a result of my episodes, activity is picking up, if only a bit. I'm also glad to see that TCO is back, his work is very enjoyable.