A Missed Anniversary

Discussion about The Never Ending Quest.

Moderator: Extend-A-Story Moderators

JH

A Missed Anniversary

Post by JH »

None of us seems to have noticed that the fifth anniversary of the Quest occurred on February 9th. It would have been nice to have celebrated it in some way. Let's hope that we'll be able to celebrate the tenth anniversary in 2009.
JH
Anableps

Another milestone missed

Post by Anableps »

Someone created the 20000th episode in August. Any idea of who the lucky author was?
JH

Post by JH »

Presumably this is the 20,000th episode actually created rather than episode #20,000? I don't thing there's any way of finding out, unless Sir Toby has a tool that could identify which episode it was.
JH
Sir Toby
Site Admin

Post by Sir Toby »

Well, I just tried to perform some queries on the database to see what episode it was, but my version of MySQL is so old that I can't manage to come up with a good query to do so. I'll need to try again with a newer version of MySQL.
Anableps

Post by Anableps »

JH is right. I was curious to see who created the 20000th complete episode. To me, the completed episode milestone seems more significant than the total episode milestone.

At seven years plus, this may be the oldest continuously active site of its type on the Internet. I would also say that it is the most writer-friendly.
Noise Tank

Post by Noise Tank »

Agreed. It's run by people who truly care for it.

:oops:

I sense an awkwordly happy moment approaching.
Execute Order 66
Sir Toby
Site Admin

Post by Sir Toby »

Noise Tank wrote:I sense an awkwordly happy moment approaching.
The Pun Paladin is watching you.
JH

Post by JH »

If it's possible to run a query that would extract each episode's number and its creation date, then you could put the output into a spreadsheet, sort on the date, and whatever was in row 20,000 would be the 20,000th episode created.
JH
Sir Toby
Site Admin

Post by Sir Toby »

While I did manage to get ahold of a newer version of MySQL, JH's suggestion proved to be the easiest to implement.

After dumping the episode ID and creation date for all episodes into Excel, I found that the 20,000th episode in The Never Ending Quest is episode 60840.
JH

Post by JH »

Thanks for finding out. It's a pity that it couldn't have been a more distinguished episode.
JH
Noise Tank

Post by Noise Tank »

A shame indeed. Oh well, life goes on.

Also, Nice website Sir-toby. I'll be reading more of those (Though it'll be tough to top the Pun Paladin)
Execute Order 66
Won-Tolla

Post by Won-Tolla »

There's a Pun Paladin?

I'm so doomed. :cry: