Poll:Favourite version of Fred?

Discussion about The Never Ending Quest.

Moderator: Extend-A-Story Moderators

Keegan

Poll:Favourite version of Fred?

Post by Keegan »

Just curious to see what people's favourite personality/backstory/whatever for Fred is.

Me, I'm honestly not sure. The outright loony antics of this Boobs crazy Fred was entertaining for me to write for, but I don't find him too interesting as a character.

As for character development, I like MSG's Manfox Fred.
JH

Post by JH »

That's a good choice. Of course, many of the Freds aren't really distinguishable one from another, nor are they characterised in any great depth. Arguably the best developed Fred, though one who could do with some psychiatric counselling, is the one in the Borderlands thread: http://www.sir-toby.com/extend-a-story/ ... sode=19701
JH
Noise Tank

Slang

Post by Noise Tank »

I hate it when Fred is too serious!I like it when he has some slang in his talk!I'll bet people in medevil times really did talk useing slang!The history books probaly just didn't tell us! :evil:
Execute Order 66
Lots42guest

Lots42's favorite Fred

Post by Lots42guest »

I like the heroic but simple Fred. Yanno, the one who would gladly face down a rampaging monster but then look away while detaching a naked princess from her chains.
Ib (new version 3.0)

Post by Ib (new version 3.0) »

I'd have to agree with Lots. Boob crazy Fred was a version of our hero I can really relate to on many levels. But JH is also correct, the Borderlands thread definately goes more in depth into his character. Homicidal Fred's antics are great too, especially when there's innocents involved. :twisted:
JH

Post by JH »

Ib! Where have you been? I hope that your reappearance means that you'll be writing some episodes.
JH
Ib (new version 3.0)

Howdy, JH

Post by Ib (new version 3.0) »

Oh, I've been here and there. Mostly there. But now I'm here again, or so I hear. *cracks knuckles* But of course I'll be writing something! :lol:
Noise Tank

Re: Slang

Post by Noise Tank »

Noise Tank wrote:I hate it when Fred is too serious!I like it when he has some slang in his talk!I'll bet people in medevil times really did talk useing slang!The history books probaly just didn't tell us! :evil:
:oops: I can't believe I wrote this at some point in my life.

Today, I usually make Fred a timid fellow. Doesn't try to take risk or do anything one might call insane. Astra will usually be the one that forces him to do that type of work. When I write about her, she's a risk taker. Probably my type of girl :D
Execute Order 66
Jonathan Nolan

Post by Jonathan Nolan »

In my so far very ltd. experience of him I keep seeing him as the hero out of the old laserdisc game Dragon's Lair or whatever it was called. I keep meaning to give him that cool hover golem knight's warhorse thing. :)