Reply Notifications

Forum for discussing any additional forums you'd like to see here, or features of the bulletin board you'd like to see enabled or disabled.

Moderator: Extend-A-Story Moderators

Sir Toby
Site Admin

Reply Notifications

Post by Sir Toby »

Are reply notifications working for this bulletin board? I just got a bounce message for a reply notification email and want to see if people have been getting their reply notifications alright.
Sir Erlend the Ugly

Post by Sir Erlend the Ugly »

Negative. What could be the reason for this?
JH

Post by JH »

I didn't have Reply Notification switched on for the Bulletin Board, but I've switched it on now. So if anyone replies to any of my messages here, we'll see if I get the notification.
JH
Sir Toby
Site Admin

Post by Sir Toby »

Sir Erlend the Ugly wrote:Negative. What could be the reason for this?
Well, I've made two changes that may be responsible for these notifications failing. First, I've upgraded the bulletin board software to phpBB 2.0.6, up from 2.0.4. Second, I've adjusted my mail configuration so that my web server, apache, is a trusted mail sender. That gets rid of all of the 'X-Authentication-Warning' headers that were being attached to all of the automated email notifications from my site. However, I'm still not certain if either of those items could be responsible. It could easily be something else that I haven't thought of, or a temporary glitch.
Sir Toby
Site Admin

Post by Sir Toby »

On a side note, I've enabled email notification for myself on this thread, and it seems to be working for me. Of course, having my email account on the same machine as the bulletin board may give me an unfair advantage for getting the notifications. I'm hoping some people have turned on notifications for this thread so I can quickly see if the notifications are still working them.
JH

Post by JH »

It's working for me.
JH
Sir Toby
Site Admin

Post by Sir Toby »

Good. I'm glad it's working for someone besides myself. The one bounce I saw must just have been a temporary glitch. If anyone else has problems with reply notifications, let me know and I'll investigate.