I'm Sorry

Discussion about The Never Ending Quest.

Moderator: Extend-A-Story Moderators

Sir Erlend the Ugly

I'm Sorry

Post by Sir Erlend the Ugly »

I have committed a terrible crime. I wish this had never happened!

Some days ago, I introduced my friend Alexander to NEQ. We wrote a couple of episodes together, and I successfully repressed his perverted ideas and transformed them into less gross episodes.

The problem is that he really got into it. I never expected him to become so interested in NEQ. Luckily, he's unable to get online at home. Still, he spends a lot of time writing at school (about an hour every day). He's trying to link as many loose threads to his "room of time" as possible. It's a labyrinth which he's just finished.

I'm really sorry, and I wish I'd never discovered NEQ. If I hadn't, Alexander wouldn't be on the loose, corrupting all he can. He's not evil, he just doesn't realiZe what this means to the people that spend a lot of time on the story.

So please, I'm begging you all: SPAM THE HECK OUT OF HIM! Maybe it'll work. Spam me while you're at it, I deserve it. In the meantime I'll try bribing him. Maybe it'll work.
Sir Toby
Site Admin

Post by Sir Toby »

Well, I'm not too worried about the "Room of Time" so much by itself, although it is rather dissapointing that the episodes are devoid of any real content. What does concern me is that Alex the Viking is attempting to link as many episodes as possible to it. That is very damaging to the story, and I'd like it to stop. If you can convince him to direct his efforts to writing episodes that won't damage the story, that would be great. If you can't, JH or myself will try to convince him.
Sir Erlend the Ugly

It's my duty to try

I will try, you can count on that. But if you could really kill him, that would be of great help. :twisted:
JH

Post by JH »

LOL!

Good luck! But don't blame yourself for what has happened. You weren't to know that he would misbehave, and when you find something good it's natural to want to tell others about it.

Though what he's doing is certainly annoying, I don't think that it's really that serious. If he uses an option for his linking that someday someone else wants to take then, so long as Add New Option is enabled, they can simply duplicate the option.
JH
Keegan

Post by Keegan »

I think you're being too hard on yourself. Your episodes are fine. Try to talk Alex out of it, tell him that his mindless linking is bothering people. The worst part about, I think, is that many of the episodes he has linked to his labyrinth don't have anything to do with Fred at all. Think something should be done about those continuity forsaken episodes?
TCO

Post by TCO »

I know I haven't been around for a while, so it was a bit of a surprise to see that someone else other than Lots42 had extended some my old episodes.
...the very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. They don't alter their views to fit the facts. They alter the facts to fit their views. Which can be uncomfortable if you happen to be one of the facts that need altering. - Dr. Who
Sir Erlend the Ugly

I think the worst is over. He'll still write more destructive episodes like that if he gets the chance, but I'm trying to keep him away from it. I wish I could take full credit for it, but he's probably just losing interest. Hard to believe, but it's true.

However, sometime in the future, he will probably get connected to the Internet at home. I really hope he'll have forgotten the whole thing by then.
JH

Post by JH »

Now that long enough has gone by that we can be fairly confident that Alex has lost interest, wearing my Moderator's hat I've deleted most of the Room of Time episodes. I've left a few episodes where either someone wrote a worthwhile episode off one of the options before Alex could tie it off, or else because someone used Add New Option to effectively reinstate the option of the parent episode that Alex had taken.
JH