An old, odd, graphic episode

Discussion about The Never Ending Quest.

Moderator: Extend-A-Story Moderators

Lots42Guest

An old, odd, graphic episode

Post by Lots42Guest »

Just had a hunch JH might want to check out episode 6524. It's way off. Hard to explain.
JH

Post by JH »

I can't say that I care for it, but I don't think that it's so bad as to need to be edited. Let's see what Sir Toby thinks.
JH
Ben McClellan

Re: An old, odd, graphic episode

Post by Ben McClellan »

Lots42Guest wrote:Just had a hunch JH might want to check out episode 6524. It's way off. Hard to explain.
I bet if that episode ever appeared in Horsehockey, you wouldn't have said anything, Lots...

-Ben
Sir Toby
Site Admin

Post by Sir Toby »

JH wrote:I can't say that I care for it, but I don't think that it's so bad as to need to be edited. Let's see what Sir Toby thinks.
I think it's mostly alright. I did decide to remove one sentence.
Lots42guest

To Ben

Post by Lots42guest »

Well, HH and NEQ are two different animals.
Ryu

Post by Ryu »

What's Horsehockey?
JH

Post by JH »

Horsehockey is/was another addventure site, I believe currently non-operational. Both Lots42 and Ben McLellan used to write a lot of episodes there.
JH
Ben McClellan

Post by Ben McClellan »

And by a "lot", we don't necessarily mean GOOD, y'know. :lol:

Horsehockey went offline about a year ago, and the webmaster would not return any emails inquiring about the site coming back.

We could get pretty nasty at times. It was great fun, and I miss it.

-Ben
JH

Post by JH »

The current guidelines for the Never-Ending Quest would rule out any extreme nastiness, but some years ago Sir Toby did mention the possibility of one day introducing a second story where pretty much anything would be permissable. Maybe you could try lobbying for that?

From the little that I saw of Horse Hockey, silliness rather than nastiness seemed to be the dominant motif. There's no problem with having silliness in the NEQ though, speaking personally (rather than as a moderator), I would be sorry if it ever increased to the point where it swamped the serious stories. I don't see any sign of that happening at present, anyway.
JH
Lots42guest

Horsehockey

Post by Lots42guest »

Horsehockey ran the gamut from crazy silliness to gross-out gags to serious.

But mostly it was crazy silliness. Like Josh trying to learn how to use the lightsaber and ending up impaling his brain with it. Or Sara buying a wardrobe at a flea market and it turns out it is a portal to Hell
lordreaibn

Post by lordreaibn »

I was on HH with Lots and Ben... sometimes it was JUST us. Great times... I miss it too.

But Sir-Toby, great site here. I do love it, no disrespect. :)
Noise Tank

Another episode I think is worth checking out.

Post by Noise Tank »

I also think that episode 3685 could use some fixing as well. It might just be me, but it's hardly readable.
Execute Order 66
JH

Post by JH »

It's terrible, isn't it? :) But I'm reluctant to start editing episodes from so long ago for spelling and grammar, as once you start doing that where do you draw the line? It could becoime a very big task.

You could even argue that the episode has a certain naive charm. "Destorying the world" sounds like an interesting concept. And a number of writers further on in the thread have had fun with the concept of a "dargon".
JH
TCO

Post by TCO »

I think you might be able to call that particular episode a 'classic' that would be ruined if indeed it was altered.
...the very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. They don't alter their views to fit the facts. They alter the facts to fit their views. Which can be uncomfortable if you happen to be one of the facts that need altering. - Dr. Who
Noise Tank

Post by Noise Tank »

Would it be trolling to make a joke episode from one of these options? An episode which involves purposely horrible grammer and story telling?
Execute Order 66