It Lives!

Discussion about The Black Void.

Moderator: Extend-A-Story Moderators

JH

It Lives!

Post by JH »

Some good new episodes have just been posted to the Black Void, which people might like to check out.
JH
KnightRandom

Post by KnightRandom »

I've been poking at the Black Void lately. Anything to avoid writing my dissertation.
"All spelling errors are to be ingored."--Stephen Ratliff
Noise Tank

Post by Noise Tank »

I literally just went there yesterday and searched for how many episodes had been made in the last 99 days...and none came up. I think it's tragic that The Black Void never took off because it allows for so many unique stories that could be hard to come by in TNEQ.

I've posted a few episodes on the TNEQ. I'll try to post some episodes there as well. Maybe it could still flourish.
Execute Order 66
KnightRandom

Post by KnightRandom »

Yeah! We're all rousing from our slumber like an ancient god ready to devour the world. Or something.
Noise Tank

I know that reference.

Post by Noise Tank »

KnightRandom wrote:Yeah! We're all rousing from our slumber like an ancient god ready to devour the world. Or something.
On the subject of Lovecraftian deities, there is a plot line in the thread with Jacques where I'm trying to insert a monster like that as a reason for the strange events going on.

Jacques and the Bermuda Triangle is by far my favorite of the storylines available. I love the horror theme and what can be done with that. I think I'll focus my efforts on that.
Execute Order 66
KnightRandom

Post by KnightRandom »

Goign back through old Black Void episodes remind me how much I miss unknown adventurer. Their episodes were great.
Noise Tank

Post by Noise Tank »

Thanks for extending my episode! Just letting you know that I won't have time to extend it tonight (important test tomorrow) but I will get around to it promptly. If you have any great ideas for any of the options you've created, feel free to extend them yourself and don't worry about stealing one from me.
Execute Order 66
KnightRandom

Post by KnightRandom »

I have a million threads I want to do anyway so that's OK. And good luck.
Noise Tank

Post by Noise Tank »

KnightRandom wrote:I have a million threads I want to do anyway so that's OK. And good luck.
I have a ton of episode ideas that I want to get to as well: Stories for the new episodes I've just made, stories for my old episodes, continuing storylines for options which I've run into a million times but never got extended, and so on.
Execute Order 66
Noise Tank

Idea for potential future storylines?

Post by Noise Tank »

Done. Even though I left the gender (or if it even had a gender) ambiguous, I'm imagining this outcast as female. I like that in spite of being somewhat monstrous and lacking traditional feminine features (at least on the surface) that this character is female. One of the principle characteristics of horror is ugliness, and since we stereotype femininity with attractiveness, I think it would be more interesting and eerie to make this character female (hopefully, that wasn't sexist in anyway. Not trying to do that >_>).

Plus, while I haven't read as much of Lovecraft as I would like to have, every story in which he mentions these cult-folks, I only imagine them as male. I think it would be interesting to explore a female member of these groups and see what differences they experience.

This is just what I had in mind, and you're at perfect liberty to do whatever you want with it (or not even continue it. Do what you want :) ). Just throwing out some ideas.
Execute Order 66
KnightRandom

Post by KnightRandom »

This is a good episode, and I like that idea a lot, though I don't know when I'll be able to continue it. And Lovecraft is a good writer to argue with.
JH

Post by JH »

I'd like to direct people's attention to the - some very long - "female I" storylines that I collaborated with Xavier (another much missed writer) on. Some of the episodes where branches currently end are 5214, 5600, 5471, 6195, 7207, 6851, 3828, 3486.
JH
Noise Tank

Sarah's Storyline

Post by Noise Tank »

Hey JH, just letting you know that I saw you extended that episode (with Sarah and the Caravan) and am currently working on an extension. Just been very busy lately.
Execute Order 66
JH

Post by JH »

KR, re your 7841 and "a shifting four-dimensional map of a subway, the Hypertube", have you ever read the marvellous SF short story "A Subway Called Moebius"?
Last edited by JH on Tue Apr 05, 2016 7:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
JH
KnightRandom

Post by KnightRandom »

Not yet! My inspiration for that was actually increpare's Subway Adventure game, about a subway line that travels across various surreal abstractions.