Episode 85321

Discussion about The Never Ending Quest.

Moderator: Extend-A-Story Moderators

JH

Episode 85321

Post by JH »

I hope I've managed to make what Sigin says fit into continuity. Not seeing any obvious reason why Elaine's restoration spell on him shouldn't have worked properly, I sought for a way in which it might have worked witrhout her realising it. That meant that a tiger had to be his "natural form" - or at least one of them.
JH
Cicero

Post by Cicero »

Hey, you're the lifeblood of NEQ, JH. You do what you ruddy well please.

Kind of like I just have. Hope I don't scare you and Ib off with my ridiculously overt plot twist(s), it's been a pretty groovy two weeks jamming with you cats. I was worried that the whole story was winding down to some sort of.....dare I say it.......CONCLUSION, so I thought I would take drastic measures. You guys understand, right? Right?

By jove, it's gone midnight. Better go before I start making even less sense.

P.S. If you're not down with what I've done to the story, it's cool.

P.P.S. At no point did I refer to Sigin as a corpse.
Hi! My name is Ib!

Post by Hi! My name is Ib! »

Episode 85297 was, as we say in my home state of california, "totally awesome, dude."
JH

Post by JH »

You should have more self-confidence, Cicero. That was a tremendous episode! I could never hope to write anything as good as that.
JH
Cicero

Post by Cicero »

Thanks Ib, thanks JH. Both of your episodes - in this thread and others - are always an immense pleasure to read, too. Group hug.
Xavier

Post by Xavier »

Outstanding work by everyone on this recently. I've been enjoying the development of this story.
JH

Post by JH »

Thanks. Hopefully you'll return to contributing to it before long.
JH
Cicero

Post by Cicero »

Yeah, come on Xavier! Your episodes are way uber, too. I reckon the thread's about 20,000 words in total already. We'll have a novel in no time, and then we can all retire to Orlando and go to that Wonderworks place every day. Best holiday evar(sic), that was.
Hi! My name is Ib!

Xavier, feel free to jump in whenever. The water's great! Something just bumped my leg, though. What was that? Oh...just JH's leg.

Anyway, since it's my "turn", I'm working on something. It'll be real good, I promise. Like, maybe even the best thing ever. Better than bacon.

THAT good.
Cicero

Post by Cicero »

Episode 85403 coming as soon as I've sobered up.
Hi! My name is Ib!

Nobody hold your breath. :lol:

Just kidding, Cicero.
Cicero

Post by Cicero »

Drinking 14 Blue WKDs in a row makes your face twitch uncontrollably.
Hi! My name is Ib!

*googles WKD*

Oooh...

Bubblegum/cranberry flavored vodka? This is a sad day, Cicero. Sadly, the same trend is trending along the same trendlines here State side: men drinking drinks meant for 19 year old women.

Bubblegum and vodka should never be used in the same sentence, Cicero.

Bubblegum and vodka should not come within two hundred yards of each other, really.

It can perhaps be forgiven. Just this once. Next time try drinking about 12 shots of straight whiskey, chased with beer, and followed up by a double shot of tequila, a little lime, and some salt. You'll want to puke at this point. THAT'S when you light up a cigarette, kiss the closest woman, punch the closest man, puke, soil yourself, and then pass out. Usually you'll wake up in a detox cell in the county jail, but it's worth it just to know you did it like a man.

I feel like I'm getting sidetracked.
Anableps

Post by Anableps »

At least Cicero is not drinking coffee-flavored brandy.

Just cut back a little - seriously. I had a classmate that died of alcohol poisoning. He just went into his truck to sleep it off after a party on a cold night and never woke up. He was a big guy, and I would not have thought it would have happened to him.

Back to the topic at hand, I have been reading the story, and enjoying it. I might make one contribution, but it would be off the main branch of the story, so as not to break the continuity that has been established of everyone writing in turn. If someone else likes the idea and it fits in, then they can link the idea in.
Hi! My name is Ib!

I'm one to talk, anyway. I think the absolutely worst thing I ever drank was grape flavored mad dog 20/20 when I was just out of high school. I bought it at this liquor on the 'wrong side of the tracks'. It was run by a family of Koreans. They didn't I.D.

And alcohol poisoning is no joking matter, either. I had a room mate who got into a tequila drinking contest with our Mexican neighbors upstairs and he ended up almost dying. At least he sure looked like it. I've never seen anyone LOOK so dead. Scary stuff.

I hope you know that was just a little lighthearted ribbing, Cicero. Drink whatever your heart desires (even if it is a girly drink).

Okay, I'll stop. Seriously.

:wink:

EDIT: Nice take on the machine, Anableps. Also enjoyed your recent episode, Xavier.

As far as "turns" go I think you threw yourself into the mix pretty well, Anableps. Or isn't your name Henry? Starts with an H.

Oh and of course JH knows I enjyed his episode as well. It's like Cicero said, JH is the glue of NEQ. A thread isn't a thread without JH.