episode 82315

Discussion about The Never Ending Quest.

Moderator: Extend-A-Story Moderators

Hi! My name is Ib!

episode 82315

Post by Hi! My name is Ib! »

This has been a very enjoyable read. Just thought I'd give JH, Xavier, and KR an approving nod.

Pretty cool thread! Intriguing!
JH

Post by JH »

Thank you. :) I've been having a lot of fun with the thread. As you say, Xavier and KR have done a lot of good work. I greatly enjoyed reading your own new episode. I'll let Xavier take his turn next, but if he waits more than a day or two then I won't be able to resist carrying on myself.
JH
Xavier

Post by Xavier »

Thanks for the kudos. I've been having fun with this one as well.
Hi! My name is Ib!

Made some edits to my episode.

I'm renowned for doing that. Nothing major. Just some minor grammatical glitches and whatnot. Just thought I'd put it out there.

And yes I do realize that in episode 9446 Adele claims that, "The Dragon extracted the information he needed to construct the trap from my mind! If I had given it to him willingly, do you think that he would have imprisoned me in it?"

In that same episode, it's revealed that the 'purple energy trap' affects ones memories.

And in my own episode Belboz claims that HE is the one who 'negotiated' with Minestus on that matter.

Cheerio.
JH

Post by JH »

I confess that I'd forgotten those details from 9446, which are potentially quite important. So in at least some cases the inconsistencies in what different people are telling Fred could be due to faulty memories rather than a deliberate intent to deceive.
JH
JH

Post by JH »

Xavier and I have now added further episodes. If there are any continuity errors in my own episode, then please point them out and I'll try to fix them.
JH
Hi! My name is Ib!

Nope! :D

As for my new episode, let me know if YOU spot any pesky errors as well.

I took the liberty of declaring that Fred has a squire with two horses waiting for him near the entrance of the caves. Seems a feasible idea.

Ta!
JH

Post by JH »

Yes, that would make sense. I figure that the journey from Caemlyn to the caves would be a longish one, so that Fred would have needed a horse. He would therefore need someone to look after that horse for the possibly lengthy period that he was in the caves. And then that someone would need a horse of their own.

Of course, even on horseback Fred would be unlikely to outrun a dragon on the wing, but even at the best of times logical thinking isn't always his strong point.

"Sigin rose to his full height..."

Given that he's stuck in tiger form, how about "Sigin rose onto his hindlegs..."? :)
JH
Hi! My name is Ib!

Yes, I figured there may be some confusion on that.

I actually didn't mean for it to be interpreted as him rearing up on his hind legs. Just straightening up. Cats are usually completely horizontal from tail to nose. However, they do posses the ability to 'straighten up' as it were. You know, raise the neck up. Like if they smelt something interesting...

Or are provoked...

Or whatever...

Anyway, I changed it. :wink:
Hi! My name is Ib!

I sometimes forget polite protocol.

As in 'turns'. My whole method is first come, first serve. But I couldn't resist it.

It's getting fairly complicated now. It's usually at this point that threads end up dying.

I hope this one doesn't. Not yet.
JH

Post by JH »

Enjoyed reading what you've written. I had something in mind for another option of Xavier's episode, so may still write that.
JH
KR

Post by KR »

I'm glad people are having fun with this thread I started 8 years ago. (Was it really that long? I feel ancient now!) I'll get around to writing something for it eventually.
KR

Post by KR »

...And I did. Hopefully it's not too weird and incomprehensible. I really am trying to keep things a bit simpler this time around... Well, until I finally write that next Borderlands episode, anyhow. :)

It's really weird to contrast the stuff I write now with the stuff I wrote when I was 15. It all seems so overearnest and goofy now. There's a lot more emphasis on Fred's awkwardness with women than I would have now. Gee, I wonder where that came from. Still, at least there are some interesting ideas in there, which is more than you can say for some of the things people write as teenagers.
JH

Post by JH »

There's a lot more emphasis on Fred's awkwardness with women than I would have now. Gee, I wonder where that came from.
:)

To be fair, I think that other people were already writing Fred like that. It seems in character for him, and gives the opportunity for some gentle humour st his expense.

I haven't yet read your new episodes, but am lookinbg forward to doing so. BTW, are you aware of Sir Toby's poll concerning the possible appearance of advertising on the site?
JH
Hi! My name is Ib!

Oh come off it, KR.

Goofy and over earnest?

You're being a bit harsh on yourself.

And who the hell HASN'T been a little awkward around a beautiful woman.

Quit being stupid, KR. Your work has always been great.

You...dumby :D

But I get what you're saying. Good god man, you should have seen the absolute CRAP I was writing at 15.

But we ARE our own harshest critics. Welcome back.