The Black Void?

Discussion about The Black Void.

Moderator: Extend-A-Story Moderators

Keegan

The Black Void?

Post by Keegan »

Hi all. I know I'm rathar new here, and out of curiosity and boredom I decided to read some of the ancient history recorded in the old message board. There, I discovered the plans for a second story. It seemed cool, and like it would be lots of fun to write for, but that was written all the way back in 1999! So, tell me, what's the reason it hasn't been released? Has Sir Toby just been too busy?
Sir Toby
Site Admin

Post by Sir Toby »

Yes, I've been too busy. While I always want to go back and get The Black Void organized again, it always seems that there is something more pressing to deal with. However, I might be able to devote some time to getting The Black Void going if there is some interest.
Keegan

Post by Keegan »

I personally, would like to see it up. The more stories the merrier, and the Black Void looks way more flexible for where you want it to go.
Anableps

Post by Anableps »

It is amazing to see where the story in the NEQ has spun out from the first episode. Fred ends up in the Arctic wastes [10778], on the bridge of the Enterprise [3090], in heaven [62], in hell [63], and in Toronto [13078].

I do not see the NEQ as being very restrictive.

What might be fun is to try writing a first episode, with a couple of options, and have other readers comment. If I remember correctly, the Addventure site did something like that.
Sir Toby
Site Admin

Post by Sir Toby »

Anableps wrote:What might be fun is to try writing a first episode, with a couple of options, and have other readers comment. If I remember correctly, the Addventure site did something like that.
Addventure did try something like that in the form of Game Four. It has suffered pretty much the same fate as The Black Void in that it has been perpetually "coming soon" for the past few years. If I remember correctly, the rules for starting Game 4 were particularly restrictive. Basically, the first episode had to have two options where one option went up some sort of staircase while the other option went down said staircase.
JH

Post by JH »

That might sound restrictive, but actually I think it gives the writer a lot of freedom. Absolutely anything can happen after a beginning like that.
JH
ODS

Post by ODS »

I would love to see a new NEQ
The current one is just to big to keep up with.
Josh Bieber

The Black Void

Post by Josh Bieber »

Been a while since I have volunteered to help start the Black Void and saw this thread...

Yes, add me to the list... :)
Lost Soldier (Ib)

Post by Lost Soldier (Ib) »

Goodness! The last time I saw an episode posted by Josh Bieber was back in 1999! I seem to remember the name from another site...I'm not sure if it was addventure or Gav and Peloso's Interactive Story. Anyhow, glad to see you're still alive. 8)
All I know is that I don't know anything.
Sir Toby
Site Admin

Post by Sir Toby »

Alright. I'll start digging out all of my old materials on The Black Void. I'm somewhat busy for the next few days, so it may be a little while before I can get to it. If I remember correctly, we had a first episode with several options, and those options led to episodes with further options. At that point, several episodes were already written, and we were looking to finish off the rest before starting the story.

I'll start a new forum for discussing The Black Void, and I'll move this discussion over there. That should give us a better place to discuss The Black Void.
Lost Soldier (Ib)

Post by Lost Soldier (Ib) »

Well, the idea of a brand new story does sound fun. Not that NEQ has lost it's appeal, but I can understand how the complex web of threads can be a little daunting to folks who haven't been around here for a few years.
All I know is that I don't know anything.
Keegan

Post by Keegan »

Woah, I come back and one of the first things I notice is a new forum for The Black Void set up. It actually got me all excited thinking "Oh my god! They've started it without me!" at first, till I bothered to check the story page. Anyways, I think it should be fun to write with fresh characters. Hope this gets started soon. Maybe I can get some of my friends writing on it now that they don't have to be intimidated by what's already been developed.
ODS

Post by ODS »

What.?? I'm gone for a couple months, and this....Black Void apears?
What is this "Black void"?
Oh yeah,, Hey Everyone, Whats up.
JH

Post by JH »

If you want to know what the Black Void is, then look at the first message in this topic, and follow the link within it. Basically, ir's a proposed second addventure to run alongside the Never Ending Quest. So far it's still only at the discussion stage.
JH
Sir Toby
Site Admin

Post by Sir Toby »

Yep... JH is correct. We're still at the discussion stage. I've been pretty busy lately and haven't had time to dig up all of my old materials on The Black Void to get the story up and running.