Happy 25th Anniversary

A forum for anything and everything that doesn't belong anywhere else.

Moderator: Extend-A-Story Moderators

Anableps

Happy 25th Anniversary

Post by Anableps »

I was not around when the first episode was published on February 9, 1999. I think that my first contribution came in October 2003. I found the site on one of the add-venture web rings. The Internet was very different back then. I have gotten a lot of enjoyment from the stories on this site over the years. I appreciate Sir-Toby's efforts in keeping up the site, and JH's contributions as an author but even more so as an intelligent reader and critic. And I miss the other authors - WolfRun, Paulito, Lots, Ib, MSG, KnightRandom and many others, but I understand that time and responsibility take their toll. Collaborative storytelling is a challenging form, but it is also rewarding when another author looks at something differently, and the story goes into exciting directions.
JH

Re: Happy 25th Anniversary

Post by JH »

Well spotted! I think my own first episode may have been #24, on February 13th, 1999.

Thanks for the kind words. I've greatly enjoyed collaborating with you, most recently on the Black Void just a few months back. I too miss the many fine authors who have vanished over the years. I really out to try continuing from a few old episodes, in the hope that the email address that the writer used for notifications might still work and they might be tempted to return. I suspect that I will never get around to it, though.
JH
Anableps

Post by Anableps »

I suspect that Sir-Toby's provider updated PHP as a security measure without consulting him and broke the code. The get_magic_quotes_gpc function has been removed from version 8 of PHP. The Horsehockey site, which uses the Extend-a-story code, is working. I added an episode there.
JH

Post by JH »

That does seem likely.

I'll take a look at your HH episode. It will be good to hav3e something new there.
JH
Sir Toby
Site Admin

Post by Sir Toby »

25 years! Wow! Time sure flies.
JH

Post by JH »

It's an impressive achievement to have kept it going for so long. My grateful thanks.
JH
Sir Toby
Site Admin

Post by Sir Toby »

You're welcome! And thank you for your hard work in moderating.
JH

Post by JH »

It's not been hard work recently. I'd welcome more episodes being posted for me to give the once-over.
JH