Episode 16527

Discussion about The Never Ending Quest.

Moderator: Extend-A-Story Moderators

Anableps

Episode 16527

Post by Anableps »

It looks like we may have had a visitor write a new episode. I am not sure if he or she will read the forum postings, but if so, welcome. The episode advances the story and the writing is reasonably good, so I built on it. I hope that you stay and write more episodes.

The story thread is fairly short, so there is not a long history to track, as there are with some other stories on this site. There are two questions hanging from previous episodes.

Why does the voice say the second time (episode 1372) that that challenge only ends with the death of "Menifee" or the party will suffer its "fate"? Is Menifee also the name of the dragon (asked in episode 5066, but not answered.) Is Menifee the troll actually the dragon, transformed into a troll to deceive Fred? Or is Menifee the troll doomed to die, with one result being the dragon is successfully killed but Menifee also dies, and the other result being the dragon lives and the three adventurers are killed?

Episode 16527 - "You shall cross this chasm and blast your way into the uppermost chambers of the Great Castle across the gulf within 15 minutes, or face certain death." It is implied that the "certain death" is immediate if the party does not reach the uppermost chambers of the Great Castle. And the fight with the spiders had to take a few minutes. The clock is ticking. How does Fred resolve this?

Ideas: a) The voice is a smart-alec", and "certain death" is the inevitable death that we all face, which might be years in the future. b) There actually is a magical short cut that would allow them to enter the uppermost chambers of the Great Castle within 15 minutes. c) Or maybe the upper chamber is much easier to reach than it looks.
JH

Re: Episode 16527

Post by JH »

And welcome from me too. I saw that a new episode had been posted, but I confess that I did not read it very carefully. I shall have to return to it and read it properly.
JH