Keep Safe!

A forum for anything and everything that doesn't belong anywhere else.

Moderator: Extend-A-Story Moderators

JH

Re: Keep Safe!

Post by JH »

Me too. I hadn't heard about the wildfires. Hopefully since his server is OK, that means he is too.

I hope all our other addventurers are also OK and Covid-free.
JH
Sir Toby
Site Admin

Post by Sir Toby »

Hi everyone! I just noticed the latest replies to this thread. I am doing fine. I live near downtown Portland, Oregon, so the chances of a wildfire causing me serious problems is low. However, the smoke was terrible for about a week. Going outside was awful and even my indoor air quality degraded to the point where I couldn't work out at home. Thankfully the smoke cleared out and things are better for me now. I also remain free from Covid infection. So now I just need to worry about the ongoing pandemic, the ongoing protests against police brutality, the ongoing police brutality, fascists coming to Portland to stir up trouble, and the upcoming election. Yay 2020! :|
JH

Post by JH »

I'm glad to hear you're OK.

We seem to be sliding into the second wave of the virus here.
JH
Sir Toby
Site Admin

Post by Sir Toby »

Oh no! I heard Oregon is having an uptick in cases, so we might be having similar issues here too. I was worried this might happen as the weather turns colder. Everyone wants to socialize and warm weather allows us to meet outdoors, but with colder weather everyone moves their social activities indoors and the virus spreads easier indoors.
Hi! My name is Ib!

Post by Hi! My name is Ib! »

All's well that ends well.

I myself I think may have come down with the dreaded virus. But it was really no big deal.

I don't know. Seems much ado.

But I just let humanity carry on - worry away.

I've got a life to live. And a happy one, at that. Hope all of you are as well. Happy and healthy.

I've been enjoying reading some of my old rubbish (as well as those I collaborated with), so I'm glad for the site and thankful to Sir-toby.

It's all a bit amateurish, but still fun to read. And writing on this site helped me develope my writing style.
JH

Post by JH »

I always enjoy reading your episodes. Perhaps one day we could continue the misadventures of Fred, Astra, Belinda and Robert Billingsley.

I'm keeping on keeping on, and have so far managed to avoid the virus. I hope everyone else is also well.
JH
Anableps

Post by Anableps »

I think of 2020 as a hurricane year. After a hurricane, everyone in the area suffers from the destruction. Some get relatively lucky and just have branches and pine straw littering the lawn, others have had trees fall on their houses, and still others have been hurt or even killed. Christmas Day 2020 is like the time where the rain and winds of the hurricane are still present, but have slackened enough where one can reach out to the neighbors and ask "Are you OK?" Sometimes things are not OK, but reaching out and offering to help where one can makes a big difference. I know that it has for me at times this year.

I have the good fortune to be able to work from home and stay isolated. Some of my neighbors, like grocery clerks and nurses, that do not have this choice. I noticed that on Christmas Eve, while I was dropping off some mail at box outside the post office, that the parking lot which the post office shares with the Walmart was packed, and traffic going out was jammed as bad as it is after a football game. I am not making this observation to scold these people, although I am not going into that Walmart either. Pandemic fatigue is real, and the reduced social interaction since March has been another cruel way that this hurricane year has hurt people. It seems that the local authorities are defaulting to a "Choose-Your-Own-Pandemic-Mitigation-Strategy", depending upon personal circumstances and inclinations.

So I hope that you are all OK. I hope that you can continue to isolate as the vaccines roll out. And if you cannot, I hope that you do not get sick and can get vaccinated soon.
JH

Post by JH »

Thanks. I echo those sentiments.
JH
Hi! My name is Ib!

Oh my.

They have Wal-Mart in the UK?

Oh God

That ornery orange orangutan in our oval office?????

Oh my.

WE'RE SORRY, WORLD!!!!

oh dear oh dear

America.

My dear sweet America.

You know, I watch a lot of Game of Thrones and I'm like...

"WE DID THAT FIRST!!"

teehee. Timeless themes.

Be well, friends

💘
JH

Post by JH »

And you.

No, we don't have Wal-Mart. Tesco is perhaps our nearest equivalent.

I should probably refrain from commenting on UIS politics, if only for the sake of my blood pressure.
JH
Hi! My name is Ib!

Indeed, friend.

Indeed.

(Glad to hear Wal-Mart hasn't infiltrated)

That would be a fatal blow! 😆
Anableps

Post by Anableps »

I haven't seen Lots post an episode in a while. I hope that he is OK.
JH

Post by JH »

I've just done a Google search, and amoung the hits was a post he made on reddit just six hours ago as I type: https://www.reddit.com/user/Lots42
So he seems to be fine.
JH
JH

Post by JH »

I hope everyone is keeping on keeping on. (This is by way of a test that I can still receive email notifications, as for some reason I never received one for the most recent continuation of one of my episodes on the NEQ.)
JH
Anableps

Post by Anableps »

Doing OK here. I have already gotten the first of two vaccinations for COVID-19. Will be getting the next one in a couple of weeks. Not looking forward to going back into the office, honestly.