Horsehockey V

General discussion about Extend-A-Story.

Moderator: Extend-A-Story Moderators

lordreaibn

Horsehockey V

Post by lordreaibn »

Horsehockey is coming back! Updates very soon.

Horsehockey V is a joint venture between me and Ben M. JH, I would be honored if you would join ben as a moderator for the site/forums.

I will also be doing NEQ episodes again. Sorry for my long absence. Life got ... weird. For a while. Things are stabilizing again.
JH

Re: Horsehockey V

Post by JH »

I'm glad to hear that things are improving for you.

I'd be happy to be a moderator so long as you have appropriate anti-spam measures in place (similar to those here) for both the forum and the addventure. The spammers became very troublesome here a year or two ago, posting spam quicker than it could be deleted (!) and Sir Toby had to introduce improved defences: Captcha for posting episodes to the addventures, and new forum accounts needing to click on a verification link emailed to them (IIRC) before they could post.
JH
JH

Post by JH »

And a heads-up for people that the Ontheline forum now has a Discord server, where plans for HH V are being discussed:

https://discordapp.com/channels/5832064 ... 9016238092
JH
lordreaibn

Post by lordreaibn »

Horsehockey V is LIVE!

https://www.horsehockey.org
JH

Post by JH »

Yay! :)
JH
Sir Toby
Site Admin

Post by Sir Toby »

JH wrote: Fri May 31, 2019 9:11 amI'd be happy to be a moderator so long as you have appropriate anti-spam measures in place (similar to those here) for both the forum and the addventure. The spammers became very troublesome here a year or two ago, posting spam quicker than it could be deleted (!) and Sir Toby had to introduce improved defences: Captcha for posting episodes to the addventures, and new forum accounts needing to click on a verification link emailed to them (IIRC) before they could post.
I worked with lordreaibn to get support for Google's reCAPTCHA added to Extend-A-Story on Horsehockey, so hopefully spam episodes will not be a problem for them.
lordreaibn

Post by lordreaibn »

Sir Toby wrote: Tue Jun 04, 2019 4:07 pm
JH wrote: Fri May 31, 2019 9:11 amI'd be happy to be a moderator so long as you have appropriate anti-spam measures in place (similar to those here) for both the forum and the addventure. The spammers became very troublesome here a year or two ago, posting spam quicker than it could be deleted (!) and Sir Toby had to introduce improved defences: Captcha for posting episodes to the addventures, and new forum accounts needing to click on a verification link emailed to them (IIRC) before they could post.
I worked with lordreaibn to get support for Google's reCAPTCHA added to Extend-A-Story on Horsehockey, so hopefully spam episodes will not be a problem for them.
I just want to say how much I appreciate you, and have for all these years. HH is a labor of love for me and without you it would not be possible.
Sir Toby
Site Admin

Post by Sir Toby »

You're welcome. I'm glad that you and others are able to use and enjoy Extend-A-Story.