Different kind of interactive story

A forum for anything and everything that doesn't belong anywhere else.

Moderator: Extend-A-Story Moderators

GameMaster

Different kind of interactive story

Post by GameMaster »

Greets, old school here. I first came across Sit-Toby's script more than a decade ago. We started a story but like everything else - did not complete it. Years later I still am involved in writing but on a different level and for a different reason so I thought I would share this here.

I do this to help my sons on the autism spectrum. I write medieval fantasy as a hobby (been a D&D DM for years), but I'm also a coder and merged the two (like a MUD or Text based RPG): collaborating medieval fantasy character building while writing asynchronously with other writers. This is a text based game so the visually and hearing impaired can participate unhindered. It is like reading a medieval fantasy but your character is the protagonist and makes the choices of how it turns out. https://www.RulerOfKings.com please let me know if you will like to help write for it but of course you can play it as there is nothing to install or download, simply play from your browser.
JH

Post by JH »

Hi! Thanks for telling us about your site. I'm away on vacation at present, with only limited web access, but when I return home I'll certainly take a look at it.
JH
GameMaster

Post by GameMaster »

Great. I look forward to your involvement.
GameMaster

Post by GameMaster »

Just checking in to see if you are back from vacation and had a chance to look.
JH

Post by JH »

Yes, I'm long back from my vacation. I'm afraid that it was so long ago now that I can no longer recall whether I remembered to take a look. Anyway, I'll look again now.
JH
JH

Post by JH »

I've now had a quick look. It seems highly impressive. However it looks as though it could easily eat up a huge amount of time, which I don't really feel that I can spare.
JH
GameMaster

Post by GameMaster »

I understand.
GameMaster

Re: Different kind of interactive story

Post by GameMaster »

I've added a whole list of features since my last post including the ability to multi-class and hire NPCs. All this in a Text RPG.

Please check feature list: View Features.
JH

Post by JH »

Thanks for the heads up.
JH
GameMaster

Post by GameMaster »

No problem, here is the latest update. I have completed the War Gaming Text Battle Map for ROK II. You can see the position of other Players and the Enemy. You can command multiple generals and their soldiers all via your browser with details on each of their units: Play Here or view the Discussion. Soon I will move on to the next big project with a different play method and theme: Future Terra II Science Fiction Text Role-Playing Game.