Okay, a bit of a weird question...

Discussion about The Never Ending Quest.

Moderator: Extend-A-Story Moderators

Established lore, or make new stuff up?

Established lore
40%
Let your imagination run wild!
60%

Total votes: 5

Stan Phylipth

Okay, a bit of a weird question...

Post by Stan Phylipth »

...But I seem to be at a bit of a... Creative block? Creative fork? With a block in the middle of it? Either way, I'm coming to the forum to ask for advice.

You see, beginning at 34950, I began writing a series of episodes which would eventually, lead to a plot I'm intending to write which would heavily involve zombies. However, I'm currently trying to decide if I should incorporate established lore and geography (Which would involve consulting WolfRun's guide to cross-reference everything, something with which I'm fully comfortable and would enjoy doing), or just flesh out something from my own imagination. Now mind you, I'm fully comfortable and capable of doing either, however I simply can't decide upon which path to follow.

So I figure that if I can't decide, I ought to let the community decide for me. And if you can't, I'll just toss a coin. Personally, I think either way would result in an equally good series of plotlines, but me being as indecisive as I am, I figured I'd throw this one out for grabs. So which is it? Established lore, or something completely new?

Thanks in advance,

Stan
My eternal pool of despair is heated, and has bubble-jets.
JH

Post by JH »

Welcome to the site and to the Forum!

I've voted for "established lore" but I wouldn't mind at all if you decided to go the other way.
JH
Lots42

Post by Lots42 »

Isn't there still room to invent a new country? Or go for a country with little established about it.

I haven't paid much attention to WolfRun's info. I'm not sure what heck the nature of the Three Kingdoms are and I know for sure I'm the only one who seems to acknowledge the country called 'The Floating Isles'.

In conclusion, if it is consistent in-thread, I don't see any problem.
- Burbank/Chen 2020. Sexy is as sexy does.