Intro

Discussion about The Never Ending Quest.

Moderator: Extend-A-Story Moderators

Cicero

Intro

Post by Cicero »

Hello everyone. Just thought I'd show my face....I mean my Arial font text based sentences....around the place. Been looking for some kind of Addventurers spin-off for a while since Scott and his friends apparently decided to retire indefinitely. Looking forward to getting the odd creative juice spewing forth all over Never-Ending Land once in a while.

Anyway, hello.
JH

Post by JH »

Nice to hear from you. :) I've enjoyed reading what you've written so far. I hope you'll have a lot of fun here. It's been rather quiet lately, so we could do with some new blood.

If you haven't already done so, you should read the story guidelines, at http://www.sir-toby.com/extend-a-story/ ... lines.html

A useful unofficial guide to the story has been produced by WolfRun, and can be found here: http://www.geocities.com/toh1999/wolfrun.html
JH
Cicero

Post by Cicero »

Cheers. I was starting to get that feeling of arriving at a party during the last half-hour. You know, when the sausage rolls are going green and the DJ's playing Kriss Kross for the third time.

Just checked out Wolfrun's map.....my God, I didn't know Paint could do such things....
Ben McClellan II

Post by Ben McClellan II »

I've spent some time looking over the map on WolfRun's guide.

I think I have an idea to use that island that's just off the coast of the Frozen Wastes of the North. I'm thinking that it could be the center of a growing, modern empire with at least three, maybe four colonies on the main land.

I'd also like to tie in the Staircase Room and the misadventures of Josh and Scott (among others), and place it all in the capital of the empire. Since we have ongoing storylines involving either Lord Fred and his allies along with anything else, I figure that it wouldn't hurt to include it all in the same imaginary world.

Sound good?
Twitter: @benmcclellan

Horsehockey v5.0: Ongoing! horsehockey dot ORG
JH

Post by JH »

Sounds ambitious but fun. :)
JH
Ben McClellan II

I've been adding things to WolfRun's original map as opposed to plotting out actual storylines to introduce any new civilizations into the story. I find that this makes things much easier.

There's been a couple of big changes: the discovery of a large body of water called The Great Lake in the undiscovered region, which led to a great era of exploration and expansion, led by my creation, Empire Nordique (based on that island). Pretty soon, Allaria, Aqualaria, Hespan, MalBoncton and Ryngaerd got into the act, all establishing colonies around the shores of The Great Lake, The Dead Sea, and even on the coast of the Arabi Desert.

I've also added a few new civilizations; two on new islands I added to the map, and two on the mainland. One of them, I'm not sure which one, will be considered the successor to the Great Empire.

When the map gets done, I'll post it online for those who are interested in seeing it. After that, we can get started on incorporating it into the stories we have going right now.

Ben McClellan II

The new maps (yes, more than one) should be done and uploaded to the internet sometime next week, for those still interested.

Anableps

Post by Anableps »

Feel free to incorporate the eastern continent (Morninglands), too, if you would find it useful. Or don't, if it doesn't. The eastern continent is seen in the Astran Age episodes. I haven't mapped the Blacksand coast in the west, but I do have a good map of the Dolomite League / Burchester area in the interior of the continent.

http://www.carolinachickadee.org/anable ... RDLmap.JPG
Hi! My name is Ib!

Post by Hi! My name is Ib! »

Well, first of all, Ben - I think the stuff you and Lots42 do with Scott & Josh is nothing short of hysterical.

Also, I've been taking some time to read through a lot of the older threads and I'm really impressed with the work at this site, even after all of these years. I joined the site in 1999, a very special time for me, and it's always been a haven of creativity for me. I just want to let you all know I appreciate what you've done here.

Thanks, Sir Toby! :lol:

JH, Anableps, WolfRun, Y, Ryu, The Traveler, Lots42, Ben McClellan, Mr Qrygg, MSG, Ragan, the list goes on and on.

Some really great folks with great imaginations. Here's to many more years of it!
Hi! My name is Ib!

Post by Hi! My name is Ib! »

Oh, and welcome, Cicero. I love what you've done so far. Keep it up!

PLEASE stick around. I think this site is due for a Renaissance of sorts.

Really, guys. There are some very talented writers here. Very under rated place.