Episode Deletion/Recreation Request

Discussion about The Never Ending Quest.

Moderator: Extend-A-Story Moderators

WolfRun

Episode Deletion/Recreation Request

Post by WolfRun »

Toby & JH,

Episode 63541 is the last episode which descends from following only the first option all the way back to Ep.2. But with 63541 that possibility is broken because the first option it offers is a link-back to Ep.2.

Could it be possible to re-open that option to new episode creation? I think it's kinda cool that there is one continuing thread which is a string of 1st options.
JH

Post by JH »

As far as I can see, 63451 already has Add New Option enabled.
JH
WolfRun

Post by WolfRun »

Enabling add new option isn't what I meant, JH. What I'm wondering is if it's possible to take the existing option #1, which currently is a backlink to ep.2, and re-open it so it can be used to create a new episode.
Ryu Hayabusa

Post by Ryu Hayabusa »

I too, desire to see this offending episode exterminated. No offense to El' MooCow, who surely did not realize what he was doing at the time.
KnightRandom

Post by KnightRandom »

I cast a vote for delinking option 1 as well.
JH

Post by JH »

OK, I'll do that.

Added later: It was tricky, as one can't add a new option to precede existing ones, nor can taken options be deleted unless they are backlinks. Nor can backlinks be converted into non-backlinks. So the best I could do was to delete the three backlinks that were the first three options and then, to keep faith with the original author, add them again at the end of the options.
JH
Xavier

Post by Xavier »

Unfortunately, it seems the same problem still exists, as the first option in the next episode (63789) has a single-option backlink (albiet to a much more recent episode)
JH

Post by JH »

Fixed.

People shouldn't regard my work on these two episodes as setting a precedent, though. It requires a fair amount of effort.
JH
WolfRun

Post by WolfRun »

Thanks for taking care of this JH. It is very appreciated.

As for setting precedent, I don't think you have to worry. At least from me. This was a *very* special case.
El' MooCow

Post by El' MooCow »

Ryu Hayabusa wrote:I too, desire to see this offending episode exterminated. No offense to El' MooCow, who surely did not realize what he was doing at the time.
What did I actually do?
:( I don't remember making the episode in question.
Please, by all means, extend any of my episodes. It's good to know someone out there is actually reading the crap I'm writing.
JH

Post by JH »

El' MooCow wrote:
Ryu Hayabusa wrote:I too, desire to see this offending episode exterminated. No offense to El' MooCow, who surely did not realize what he was doing at the time.
What did I actually do?
Don't worry. You didn't do anything wrong. (In my opinion, at least.)
JH
Ryu Hayabusa

Post by Ryu Hayabusa »

Forgive me... El' MooCow I did not mean to hurt your feelings...

I'm starting to think we should relink the option in question to return it to the way it was. I mean, who really cares? It was just a long-running inside joke (extending the first option every time since episode 2) and not even a very amusing one at that...

So what say you, JH? Will you change it back yet again as a way for us to apologize to El' MooCow?
JH

Post by JH »

Your consideration does you credit. But all El Moocow's original options are still there, just not listed in the same order that they started out in. So I don't propose to make any further changes.
JH
El' MooCow

Post by El' MooCow »

Ryu Hayabusa wrote:Forgive me... El' MooCow I did not mean to hurt your feelings...

I'm starting to think we should relink the option in question to return it to the way it was. I mean, who really cares? It was just a long-running inside joke (extending the first option every time since episode 2) and not even a very amusing one at that...

So what say you, JH? Will you change it back yet again as a way for us to apologize to El' MooCow?
No, no. It's fine. I just want to know what actually happened.
EDIT: Wait, I think I see what you're saying. You had a thing going where all the episodes were the first link, and I stopped the chain by making the first link a backlink to ep. 2.
Please, by all means, extend any of my episodes. It's good to know someone out there is actually reading the crap I'm writing.