Poll: Best Character

Discussion about The Never Ending Quest.

Moderator: Extend-A-Story Moderators

Who is the Best Character?

Poll ended at Sun May 25, 2003 9:17 am

Fred
14%
The King
No votes
Velus
14%
Astra
57%
Exotica
No votes
Belboz
14%
The Dragon
No votes

Total votes: 7

JH

Poll: Best Character

Post by JH »

Let's see if we can set up the poll taking advantage of the facilities of the board. I don't know if I only see this because I'm a Moderator, but if starting a new topic, I get some options at the bottom of the window that I can fill in to create a poll. I've reduced the number of options - 26 was rather unwieldy. See above this message for the poll.
JH
Noise Tank

Re: Poll: Best Character

Post by Noise Tank »

JH wrote:Let's see if we can set up the poll taking advantage of the facilities of the board. I don't know if I only see this because I'm a Moderator, but if starting a new topic, I get some options at the bottom of the window that I can fill in to create a poll. I've reduced the number of options - 26 was rather unwieldy. See above this message for the poll.

I have a :?: . Do we just tell you who our favorite character is and then you just put it up on top :?:
JH

Post by JH »

You could have done what I've just done, and looked it up in the FAQ. That includes: "Why can't I vote in polls? Only registered users can vote in polls so as to prevent spoofing of results."

You aren't a registered user, because - as Sir Toby told you at the time - the email address that you provided when you attempted to register wasn't valid.
JH
Sir Toby
Site Admin

Re: Poll: Best Character

Post by Sir Toby »

JH wrote:Let's see if we can set up the poll taking advantage of the facilities of the board. I don't know if I only see this because I'm a Moderator, but if starting a new topic, I get some options at the bottom of the window that I can fill in to create a poll.
I believe that any registered user should be able to start a poll.
Sir Toby
Site Admin

Noise Tank and Registration

Post by Sir Toby »

JH wrote:You aren't a registered user, because - as Sir Toby told you at the time - the email address that you provided when you attempted to register wasn't valid.
Quite true. Noise Tank, you've tried to register twice. Both times you used invalid email addresses. If you register again using a valid email address, an email will be sent to you to validate your email address. Once you click on the provided link, you will be able to log into the board and vote in the poll. You will also be able to do everything else a registered user can do.

If you believe that you have used a valid email address to register before, please email me so that I can try to help you determine why it isn't working.
Knight Random

Re: Noise Tank and Registration

Post by Knight Random »

Sir Toby wrote:
JH wrote:You aren't a registered user, because - as Sir Toby told you at the time - the email address that you provided when you attempted to register wasn't valid.
Quite true. Noise Tank, you've tried to register twice. Both times you used invalid email addresses. If you register again using a valid email address, an email will be sent to you to validate your email address. Once you click on the provided link, you will be able to log into the board and vote in the poll. You will also be able to do everything else a registered user can do.

If you believe that you have used a valid email address to register before, please email me so that I can try to help you determine why it isn't working.
Maybe he just forgot to respond to the confirmation email? That happened to me at first, I think.
Sir Toby
Site Admin

Re: Noise Tank and Registration

Post by Sir Toby »

Knight Random wrote:Maybe he just forgot to respond to the confirmation email? That happened to me at first, I think.
It actually bounced. I have the bulletin board configured so that all email it sends is sent from my account. Whenever someone tries to register using an invalid email address, I receive the bounce notification.
JH

Post by JH »

Seven out of the eight registered users have now voted, which is quite impressive. And Astra has received 4 votes out of 7, which is also quite impressive. She is the clear winner.
JH