Discussion about The Never Ending Quest.

Moderator: Extend-A-Story Moderators

Get rid of the "Add new option?"

Poll ended at Sat Apr 15, 2006 12:08 am

Yes
25%
No
75%

Total votes: 4

Noise Tank

Post by Noise Tank »

You'll notice an option that appears twice which, when you enter them, have the exact same text and options (except one of them has two of the options continued). Probably should be deleted.

Also, anyone else think that maybe that add new option should be gotten rid of? I noticed on the episode where you meet Belboz for the first time, their are 14 options yet no add new option button. I assume you thought that their wasn't much point to allow a new option (Which would probably be some like "Belboz strips")

Their really isn't much more you can add that you couldn't just create in other episodes on the island.

Anyone else agree?
Execute Order 66
JH

Post by JH »

Add New Option is useful when all the existing options have been taken but then you have a good idea for continuing the episode. It's also useful if youy think of an interssting option that the original author didn't think of. Finally, it makes it impossible for someone to try to sabotage a storyline by sending all the options back to episode 2 or somewhere like that.
JH
Noise Tank(Not logged in)

Post by Noise Tank(Not logged in) »

That's what I was thinking, but at some points, it becomes unnessacary, and the options go nowhere, though even I agree that we should keep it). I'm curious though, why IS there no add new option in Belboz's first episode but 14 options?
JH

Post by JH »

I see that the episode in question was edited by Sir Toby at some point. I imagine that he decidedc that 14 options were enough and disabled Add New Option.
JH
Noise Tank(Not Logged in)

Post by Noise Tank(Not Logged in) »

That's what I mean. Eventually, their become enough options that we don't need that "Add New Option" anymore.
Noise Tank

Post by Noise Tank »

Err...by the way, the two dublicate options are still there.
Execute Order 66
JH

Post by JH »

Yes, I hadn't noticed before that not only are the options identical but that they lead to identical episodes. However they aren't doing any harm, so I don't intend to do anything about it.
JH
Noise Tank

Post by Noise Tank »

I understand why you won't delete both of them (that's just stupid), but isn't making duplicates of the same episodes basecly spam?
Execute Order 66
JH

Post by JH »

I suspect that it was an accident, perhaps caused by "finger trouble" causing the Add New Option button to be clicked on twice. It can hardly have been deliberate, since the two episodes seem to have been created only 10 seconds apart. Because of the low number of the parent episode, I had been assuming that this was ancient history, but I see that the two child episodes in question were actually only added about three weeks ago. I don't see one duplicated episode as being a real problem, but if it happens again then I will act.
JH