Discussion about The Never Ending Quest.

Moderator: Extend-A-Story Moderators

JH

Post by JH »

Bravo! That's a tremendous episode, Knight Random. Great characterisation, and I'm also impressed by the amount of research that must have gone into it.
JH
Knight Random

Re: 27438

Post by Knight Random »

JH wrote:Bravo! That's a tremendous episode, Knight Random. Great characterisation, and I'm also impressed by the amount of research that must have gone into it.
Thanks, JH. Truth be told, keeping up with ATFF can be rather difficult at times even with the aid of the episode guide, due to the sheer number of characters and plotlines. This was why I deliberately went with the character I know the best. I acutally remember most of these particular episodes from the first time around, though. I mainly relied on my brain's capacity to remember useless information, although I did reread many of the important episodes involving Jarlath to check my facts. However, I have made it a goal to read all of ATFF one of these days, however daunting it may be.

One of the things I had in mind with this episode was to explore potential character tensions, due to the fact that Minestus is going to try to defeat the Champions by playing on those tensions. To tell the truth, although it's certainly enjoyable , ATFF doesn't have terribly deep characterization. The characters often seem to get along almost too well once they've been inducted into the main cast. That was one of the reasons I especially liked Anableps's extension, because it allows a lot of potential to examine these characters more than is usually done.
Ib

Echoing JH

Post by Ib »

This is a great episode. And conflict between allies is often the most interesting, I agree. I think perhaps Minestus faces a bigger challenge than he expects, and the same goes for the Champions.
Knight Random

ATFF

Post by Knight Random »

To nip a potential flamewar in the but, by the way, I did not intend by above comment on ATFF as an attack on MSG, just criticism. I hope he can tell the difference by now. :) Also, I hope that no one got the inference that the Champion who dies will necesarily die an ignominious death. I suspect that he or she will sacrifice his or her life trying to dismantle Minestus's "project."

On a related note, does anyone have any ideas for the "title" of this thread? How about "As the Shadow Falls?"
MSG

Not quiet a copout, but rather a law of physics (of magic)!

Post by MSG »

Hi folks,

No problemo on the criticism, KR. Understood. Valid point even. But as I said in earlier messages (posted elsewhere), it has more to do with an arcane law of physics (of magery) than *just* writing style. :wink:

What do I mean? :?: Stay tuned and read the next exciting TP adventure (when it's my turn to write). :mrgreen:
MSG
Ib

concerning a title for the thread...

Post by Ib »

How about 'Crouching Belboz, Hidden Dragon'? or maybe 'Crouching Astra, Hidden Salami'? :P
Ib

to JH

Post by Ib »

It's 'characteriZation'. Join the winning team, JH. And don't give me that nonsense about 'pistols drawn at noon', we all know you're myopic. :D

Post by Guest »

It's spelt with an "s" in the UK (I think).

JH (posting from work, so it will be logged as "Guest")
MSG

Re: concerning a title for the thread...

Post by MSG »

Ib wrote:How about 'Crouching Belboz, Hidden Dragon'? or maybe 'Crouching Astra, Hidden Salami'? :P
LOL!
MSG
WolfRun

Post by WolfRun »

I know that TP means Terra-Prime, but what does ATFF mean?
JH

Post by JH »

"As The Fur Flies", I imagine, which is what the story is called on MSG's website.
JH
Knight Random

Naming

Post by Knight Random »

JH wrote:"As The Fur Flies", I imagine, which is what the story is called on MSG's website.
I knew that. I meant this spinoff in particular, to distinguish it from ATFF.
JH

Post by JH »

I was answering WolfRun's question!
JH
Ib

to JH

Post by Ib »

You missed my point. I don't care how they spell it in the U.K., it's still WRONG. :D
Knight Random

Re: Naming

Post by Knight Random »

Knight Random wrote:
JH wrote:"As The Fur Flies", I imagine, which is what the story is called on MSG's website.
I knew that. I meant this spinoff in particular, to distinguish it from ATFF.
Huh. I didn't even notice WolfRun's post for some reason. I guess that's what happens when you have this much activity in one thread. :)

100 posts in the NEQ forum already... wow.