Most interesting villain

Discussion about The Never Ending Quest.

Moderator: Extend-A-Story Moderators

Which of these is the most interesting villain?

Castellan [21219]
13%
The nameless Little Girl [17578]
13%
Duke Zular Molleri [961]
13%
Belboz the Necromancer [16]
63%

Total votes: 8

Anableps

Most interesting villain

Post by Anableps »

Which villain is the most interesting to read / write about, and why? I have included a few in the poll, with an episode in which each appeared in brackets.
JH

Post by JH »

How about "None of the above"? :)

Shouldn't the Dragon be in the list? He's sometimes identified with Belboz, but more often they are distinct. Then there's Fred the Thaobath, and Tarin Gazin and the grasping lawyer (whose name at the moment I can't recall) in the Borderlands thread. And don't forget the Dread Pirate Lots and Robert Billingsley. But I think my own special favourite was Zimmerman in a Stacy thread I collaborated on with Ragan.
JH
Anableps

Post by Anableps »

How about "None of the above"?
Well, the question in the poll itself was which of these was the most interesting villain. (Although the original post talked about villains in general.) Unless none of the choices were interesting :( then one of these could still be picked, even if there are better ones elsewhere in the story.
Shouldn't the Dragon be in the list?
I thought about that before submitting the poll. He would have made a good choice. I think that I left him out because he was too obvious, and I wanted to see what attributes made for a memorable villain to the readers and authors - and possibly get some recommendations into interesting characters in storylines that I have not read yet.
Then there's Fred the Thaobath, and Tarin Gazin and the grasping lawyer (whose name at the moment I can't recall) in the Borderlands thread. And don't forget the Dread Pirate Lots and Robert Billingsley. But I think my own special favourite was Zimmerman in a Stacy thread I collaborated on with Ragan.
Tarin Gazin must have changed a little between 1847, one of his early episodes, and 26540, which was the first episode that I read that had him. I searched around a bit, and there is a Master Rift that appears in 1699 as Fred's lawyer. The other villains have not appeared in the episodes that I have read yet. Thanks for the list!
JH

Post by JH »

Yes, Master Rift was the name I was trying to think of. As for Tarin Gazin, the one who has joined the Champions is an analog of the "original" who appeared in Borderlands and is a much more pleasant person than him.
JH
Ib

Post by Ib »

Duke Zular has to be one of my most favorite villains of all time. You know I met him once, in some obscure restaurant outside of Sante Fe, New Mexico. Nice guy. He slipped some poison in my pepsi while my back was turned, but I let it slide. Interesting tidbit: He murdered his parents at age 12. Nice guy, though. When you meet him in person.
ODS

Post by ODS »

...........me........... :D :wink:
Noise Tank

Why is this even here?

Post by Noise Tank »

I was supprised when I saw Belboz on this list. Although he can be a real (can I say this here?) bitch in some episodes, he can also aid Fred and help him with with his quest...Although he is defenetly more evil than good.

I personally think it's interesting when a close companion or something turns out to be traiter, so long as it had a story line before it with little hints and not just all the sudden the option "Astra Kills Fred" appears.
Execute Order 66