Amy Brooks - US President

Discussion about The Black Void.

Moderator: Extend-A-Story Moderators

TCO

Amy Brooks - US President

Post by TCO »

I was wondering. If a male president has a First Lady, would a female president have a First Gentleman?

And since male presidents seemed to be addressed as 'Mr. President', would a female be called 'Ms. President'?

Have there been any programmes that have dealt with the subject of female presidents?
...the very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. They don't alter their views to fit the facts. They alter the facts to fit their views. Which can be uncomfortable if you happen to be one of the facts that need altering. - Dr. Who
JoshB

First Gentleman

Post by JoshB »

I am not aware of any proper usage of addressing the spouse of a female president. You are free to use your imagination.

You could use Miss President, if not married or Mrs. President if married. Ms. President is fine for either case.
JH

Post by JH »

I think that "Madam President" sounds better. ISTR that when we had a girl as chairman of our school debating society, she was addressed as: "Madam Chairman".
JH
TCO

Post by TCO »

Well yes, I agree Madam President does sound better, but for some reason I can't see it as a form of address the Americans would use. Maybe I've just been used to Americans using M'am (or whatever) instead.

No offence intended. :)
...the very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. They don't alter their views to fit the facts. They alter the facts to fit their views. Which can be uncomfortable if you happen to be one of the facts that need altering. - Dr. Who